• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Avengers #16 (SA)

17 posts in this topic

Seems like a pretty nice copy to me overall, but there are two very tiny holes in Thor's hammer on the FC (and also through about 1/3 of the book) from an (unnecessary) extra staple (clearly from one of those little kid-sized staplers). Who knows why people did such things back in the day? Other than that and the real staples being off center, it's flat, tight, clean, and VERY colorful and glossy. The scan doesn't do justice, in particular, to the shade of the background color on the FC, which is a very deep purple. Pages are cream/off-white.

Tough book to grade. Still looks like a decent VF to me except for the holes. What say the experts?

Thanks!

-Mikey

avengers16-1.jpg

avengers16-2.jpg

there are two very tiny holes in Thor's hammer on the FC (and also through about 1/3 of the book) from an (unnecessary) extra staple (clearly from one of those little kid-sized staplers). Who knows why people did such things back in the day?

Just so you know, that is actually a manufacturer's defect that is present on a lot of copies of AVENGERS #16.

there are two very tiny holes in Thor's hammer on the FC (and also through about 1/3 of the book) from an (unnecessary) extra staple (clearly from one of those little kid-sized staplers). Who knows why people did such things back in the day?

Just so you know, that is actually a manufacturer's defect that is present on a lot of copies of AVENGERS #16.

Whoa? Really? That's news to me! Do you mean that it was originally double-stapled at the bottom? And then the staple was removed at some point?

I have an Avengers 16 with the same defect. My question is, how does CGC account for it? Is it looked at in the same light as say, a miswrap or a date stamp which will not affect the grade?

I have an Avengers 16 with the same defect. My question is, how does CGC account for it? Is it looked at in the same light as say, a miswrap or a date stamp which will not affect the grade?

:whistle: