• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1,000th post...does this make me an Official Comic Collecting Nerd?

18 posts in this topic

Well, in honor of my 1,000th post I thought I would give you all a few laughs with this nerdy picture of me taken near the beginning of my collecting career.

14thBirthday.jpg

This was taken on my 14th birthday in 1979 (yes, I'm friggin' old!). I had just gotten back from a baseball game and was eating some birthday cake when my parents presented me with a treasured gift I had begged them for: A VG-ish copy of X-Men #1 that was outrageously overpriced at $65 in my LCS :cloud9:

Unfortunately I sold this copy while in college...still looking for a replacement! :wishluck:

Ah, the dork-hood continues... :banana:

Greg

I don't think it's the 1000 posts that make you an official comic collecting nerd. You did that all by yourself!

Great photo! I tried to get my girlfriend to take a picture of me posing with a comic the other day. I think she fancies me less as a result :eek:

the fact that you are a Gator makes you that much more impressive (thumbs u

You are a fine Gator friend, Rick! :foryou:

Sheesh...we sure hit bottom at just the right time for the hoops team, huh? Oh well...guess we were getting spoiled with the back-2-back championships...time to give someone else a shot! The good news is...our team is loaded with freshman and sophomore talent...we should be in great shape next year! :wishluck:

Sheesh...we sure hit bottom at just the right time for the hoops team, huh? Oh well...guess we were getting spoiled with the back-2-back championships...time to give someone else a shot! The good news is...our team is loaded with freshman and sophomore talent...we should be in great shape next year! :wishluck:

2008 Capital One Bowl: Michigan-41 Florida-35

and, with 3 incoming freshmen all in the 6'9" to 6'10" build (not parsons build, but speights build), might be like 2006 all over!....our lack of front court size (experience) really hurt us...Calathes will only get better...2009 is looking "better" (thumbs u

Well, in honor of my 1,000th post I thought I would give you all a few laughs with this nerdy picture of me taken near the beginning of my collecting career.

14thBirthday.jpg

This was taken on my 14th birthday in 1979 (yes, I'm friggin' old!). I had just gotten back from a baseball game and was eating some birthday cake when my parents presented me with a treasured gift I had begged them for: A VG-ish copy of X-Men #1 that was outrageously overpriced at $65 in my LCS :cloud9:

Unfortunately I sold this copy while in college...still looking for a replacement! :wishluck:

Ah, the dork-hood continues... :banana:

Greg

A dork after 1000 posts?I was a dork before my first :gossip: