• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The single most Valuable CGC graded comicbook ?

198 posts in this topic

do to the recent CGC grade of AA #16, would in my opinion go for more because of such a high grade and the closest one to it is a CGC 6.0.

Uber rare!

I think the AA 16 is more valuable than the Action 1 8.5, partly because we know it isn't the best copy there is.

That AA 16 is just simply stunning.

Isn't there a Detective 27 of high caliber out there that is more valuable that the Action 1 8.5 with rusty staples?

That Action 1 has a bit of spine roll, some light markings in the white logo, some tanning and rusty staples.

8.5 seems pretty generous to me............ :o

BUT, i thought you could replace staples with Vintage ones very carefully and avoid a purple label????? (shrug)

Harry, it would avoid the PLOD, but go green.

I think the AA 16 is more valuable than the Action 1 8.5, partly because we know it isn't the best copy there is.

That AA 16 is just simply stunning.

Isn't there a Detective 27 of high caliber out there that is more valuable that the Action 1 8.5 with rusty staples?

THE POST IS ABOUT THE HIGHEST GRADED CGC COMICBOOK// NOT THE OVERALL MOST VALUABLE[NON GRADED] COMICBOOK LIKE YOU ARE SUGGESTING WITH THE ALLENTOWN DETECTIVE 27, WHICH YES IS A 9.4/9.6

That Action 1 has a bit of spine roll, some light markings in the white logo, some tanning and rusty staples.

8.5 seems pretty generous to me............ :o

BUT, i thought you could replace staples with Vintage ones very carefully and avoid a purple label????? (shrug)

Harry, it would avoid the PLOD, but go green.

Provided the staple replacement was detected. :whistle:

I dont understand why so many are so overly concerned with the rusty staple. It was included in the grade. Its a very very nice copy of the Best book to have. And the rust is a long long slow fuse. The owner wont need to care about it for generations...

Action1kid, in the same vein as you are denigrating (not mailciously, I know) the 8.5 copy, one could talk about your (used-to-be-a) 5.5 copy and attach a stigma to it too. I know rusty staples are serious business to many collectors, but I dont see it killing the value of this particular book to the extents you claim.

and, how would you feel if every time you mentined your 76.5 someone popped up and said "Your 5.5 you mean") ? and NO Its not y books Im defending here, just pointing out an overrreaction and possibly a bit of a double standard.

but you rock anyway!

although it's not cgc graded, what about the pgx graded action 1 9.0

given the scrutiny this particular book would come under if it was publicly available, I would guess that PGX didn't 'gift grade' this one.

perhaps people who have seen the scans can comment.

given the scrutiny this particular book would come under if it was publicly available, I would guess that PGX didn't 'gift grade' this one.

PGX saying a book is unrestored and in 9.0 is as valid and reliable as my cat saying it ( although my cat can't speak :P )

Steve

Why would anyone that owns one of the most valuable books send it to PGX?

:think: Now, that is a profound question...

This was discussed recently. Not sure which thread it was though.....

This was discussed recently. Not sure which thread it was though.....

Maybe someone wants to give them the publicity and are looking for a viable competitor to CGC.

R.