• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cry For Dawn Appreciation Thread

182 posts in this topic

i have a nice dawn copy for any dawn follower who can help me out on the toy... actually have two copys high grades... dont want them you pay shipping and thats for anybody except freeloadingrusty both books are free and both cgc graded... offer good till midnight tonight

meh???:cry:

:foryou:

i have a nice dawn copy for any dawn follower who can help me out on the toy... actually have two copys high grades... dont want them you pay shipping and thats for anybody except freeloadingrusty both books are free and both cgc graded... offer good till midnight tonight

PM sent :wishluck:

Guest Grails
j_m_linsner_cry_for_dawn_4.jpg

Wow! A lot going on in that cover... what with the swastika, the ankh, the Star Of David, the "Germanic" cross, the dollar sign, the Mason's symbol, Stonehenge, G. Orwell as Citizen Kane, an odd drawing of some crucifixion, a mini-USAF pilot's helmet, and the books!!!

"Naked Lunch," "Lolita," "Siddhartha"..... awesome!!!!!

-slym (did he just say "awesome?") ????

Don't forget the Japan CD cover in the background.

Also a drawing of Jack Nance from the cover of "Eraserhead". Can anyone give a simple listing of all of the variants from the original Cry For Dawn (plus Subtle Violents)

I know that there are three printings/covers of #1, two of #2, a regular and a Horrorcon of #3 (I've never seen the Horrorcon, can anyone post a pic?), 4 regular and limited, two printings/covers of #5, plus the Executive #5 (which cover is the Executive? Or is it a new one? Is it identifiable from the outside?), #6 through 9 have regular and limited (with 7's being the widescreen). Subtle Violents has the regular and the SDCC. Am I missing any? I have the impression that there are more Executives? Or do people use that as a catchall for the limited editions?

Do any of the later Dawn books have variants as rare as the original 9 (+1)?

I found this image in someones CAF gallery. I believe the Horrorcon editions were slightly oversized with xeroxed covers.

81166.jpg.060a8a982725bde0d83a4a30c13270b3.jpg

j_m_linsner_cry_for_dawn_4.jpg

Wow! A lot going on in that cover... what with the swastika, the ankh, the Star Of David, the "Germanic" cross, the dollar sign, the Mason's symbol, Stonehenge, G. Orwell as Citizen Kane, an odd drawing of some crucifixion, a mini-USAF pilot's helmet, and the books!!!

"Naked Lunch," "Lolita," "Siddhartha"..... awesome!!!!!

-slym (did he just say "awesome?") ????

Don't forget the Japan CD cover in the background.

Also a drawing of Jack Nance from the cover of "Eraserhead". Can anyone give a simple listing of all of the variants from the original Cry For Dawn (plus Subtle Violents)

I know that there are three printings/covers of #1, two of #2, a regular and a Horrorcon of #3 (I've never seen the Horrorcon, can anyone post a pic?), 4 regular and limited, two printings/covers of #5, plus the Executive #5 (which cover is the Executive? Or is it a new one? Is it identifiable from the outside?), #6 through 9 have regular and limited (with 7's being the widescreen). Subtle Violents has the regular and the SDCC. Am I missing any? I have the impression that there are more Executives? Or do people use that as a catchall for the limited editions?

Do any of the later Dawn books have variants as rare as the original 9 (+1)?

I found this image in someones CAF gallery. I believe the Horrorcon editions were slightly oversized with xeroxed covers.

Thanks man! That may the the record setter for the most desired/expensive variant to crappiest cover ratio that I just made up.