• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new OPG: keys with the highest % of Price Increase

39 posts in this topic

This represents the keys in the new OPG that had the largest price increase relative to last year, shown as a percentage of increase. - last year $1 / this year $1.50 = a 50% increase

GOLD

1. Archie #1 - 24% increase

2. Pep #22 - 20% increase

3. Suspense #3 - 20% increase

4. Action #7 - 14% increase

Steve

Steve;

Well, since I haven't really had time to take a look at the guide yet as I just got back into town today, this is what I have to say about the GA "winners":

1) A bit shock that 'Tec #35 did not make this list as this appeard to be the hottest GA book out there the past year based upon both prices realized and the comments on the boards here.

2) Surprised that Suspense #3 was raised by such a large amount since I thought the popularity of this book had already seen its better days several years ago.

3) No surpise at all with the early Archie price increases since this has been overdue for several years now.

4) Action #7 is interesting in that this could be an initial signal of a movement back to the early Action books since the pre-Robin Tecs have basically been the dominant price movers during the past several years.

Interesting price movement and will make some more comments once I have time to take a look at the guide this weekend. hm

I hear 'ya Lou.......

I think it's kinda cool to see strong interest/ price movement on a few non-Superhero issues....and on top of that, it's not even Horror, Crime or Sci-fi....it's Teen Humor!!!

Don't get me wrong, the Superhero Genre is the king of them all by far, but it is so dominant, it's just nice to see something different doing so well. It's seems like Archie is 'da Man.....no cape or tights needed!

Steve

Nice to see Archie getting his due.

JIM 83 kind of surprises me when compared to TOS 39.

I agree that Flash 105 makes little or no sense.

VERY interesting that Action 7 makes the list and then an actual sale confirms the renewed interest.

But the hottest book on the planet doesn't make the list, but it's follow up does?? (AF 15 vs ASM 1).

true dat! ( the entire summary, except TOS39 / JIM83 )

Flash 105 makes perfect sense.... I am out of the hobby for 15 years, dedicate myself to a CGC Flash run, and boom... The book takes a big jump before I get my copy. It has always been my fate...

what about these issues

detective #27 8%

29 10%

31 13%

33 7%

38 7%

looks like the Classic 'Batman over castle' Cover was the biggest mover....

Yes:

Detective #35 12%

Detective #28 11%

#31 keeping pace way ahead of the #35 (despite competing views re which is the best cover) but behind the #33.

NM- 2008 Values

#33 $80k

#31 $70k

#35 $24k

what about these issues

detective #27 8%

29 10%

31 13%

33 7%

38 7%

Yes:

Detective #35 12%

Detective #28 11%

#31 keeping pace way ahead of the #35 (despite competing views re which is the best cover) but behind the #33.

NM- 2008 Values

#33 $80k

#31 $70k

#35 $24k

Yes, the top end of these key pre-Robin Tec books are certainly starting to look pretty pricey in the guide, with the following prices in addition to the above already listed:

#28 at $40K (undervalued from my POV)

#29 at $66K, and

#38 at $75K

Needless to say of course, nothing in comparison to what a true HG copy would actually go for in the real world.

From a guide value point of view, however, still pretty pricey relative to the early key Action books with the following 2008 top end OS values:

#2 at $66K

#3 at $44K

#7 at $57K

#10 at $36K

#13 at only $18K, and

#15 at $13K

Methinks it's probably time for some of these Actions to start picking up some steam if they ever show up in the marketplace. hm

I would agree with Archie going up. I almost got one but it did not work out. oh well.

Interesting JIM83 went up, maybe a movie hype will bring it up further. I will read my Masterworks copy tonight.

GL76 well if you based it from the feedbacks in this forum, its a given fact. comics sigh...need to buy a new camcorder so no comics for the meantime. :whatev:

what about these issues

detective #27 8%

29 10%

31 13%

33 7%

38 7%

Yes:

Detective #35 12%

Detective #28 11%

NM- 2008 Values

#33 $80k

#31 $70k

#35 $24k

Yes, the top end of these key pre-Robin Tec books are certainly starting to look pretty pricey in the guide, with the following prices in addition to the above already listed:

#28 at $40K (undervalued from my POV)

#29 at $66K, and

#38 at $75K

Needless to say of course, nothing in comparison to what a true HG copy would actually go for in the real world.

From a guide value point of view, however, still pretty pricey relative to the early key Action books with the following 2008 top end OS values:

#2 at $66K

#3 at $44K

#7 at $57K

#10 at $36K

#13 at only $18K, and

#15 at $13K

Methinks it's probably time for some of these Actions to start picking up some steam if they ever show up in the marketplace. hm

I think the pre-Robin Tecs will always price higher than the early Actions just due to three factors:

1.) Pre-Robin Tecs reflect a dark and vengeful character which attracts older collectors.

2.) Pre-Robin Tecs are a discrete 11 comic subset that attracts collectors to complete the run.

3.) More Batman covers than there are in the first 10 Actions. Though I am a big fan of pre-Hero comics there aren't many others who will pay high amounts for a non-SuperHero cover.

I agree that the Actions are priced too low and would expect them to be higher but not as high as the comparable Tecs.

Here's just a few I noticed. Sorry if the FF 1 has been mentioned..but..

1) FF #1 in VG up to 2500 from 2100. 19% increase for a VG...don't see that too often. (This interests me 'cause I've got a VF restored copy - and they generally go for VG values)

2) Tales to Astonish 93 (Hulk/Surfer Battle) up to 225 from 175. +28%

3) Tales of Suspense 50 (1st Mandarin) from 425 to 525 +23%

1) FF #1 in VG up to 2500 from 2100. 19% increase for a VG...don't see that too often. (This interests me 'cause I've got a VF restored copy - and they generally go for VG values)

it took me 4-5 years but i finally sent my OO copy of TOS 50 into CGC and it came back a 9.2.... :grin:

point is i then checked it out in GPA and a copy sold last summer for $1200.... :o

never knew the Mandarin was so popular..............

it took me 4-5 years but i finally sent my OO copy of TOS 50 into CGC and it came back a 9.2.... :grin:

point is i then checked it out in GPA and a copy sold last summer for $1200.... :o

Well he is probably Iron Man's arch foe.

Good for you for getting it graded...finally. Give ya' guide for it. :)