• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batmobile Fans...

14 posts in this topic

Very cool stuff, FortySeven! I remember as a kid growing up in Manhattan, I'd get excited every time I saw an old, black, American car with the big tail fins..."Batman's here! This is his car!" (I'm talking about at the age of 3 or 4, you understand.)

On a semi-related note, for those of you who are Speed Racer fans, here's a guy in L.A. who sells Mach 5 cars that look just like the real thing... very cool: http://www.speedracer.la/buy_a_mach_5.htm

If I had unlimited amounts of money.. I'd buy both the Mach 5 and Racer X's (Racer Rex) car...

There are a lot of different versions of the Batmobile... but there's only one Mach 5.

I would do almost anything to get to drive the batmobile just once.... cloud9.gif

From what I can remember of this show, there was a guy dressed in a Batman Costume (Adam West era), and kept trying to block people from taking a picture of just the car. Only because he was charging $5 to have a pic taken with him in front of the car. I only got these shots after he went for some lunch.

To this day, I have never met a more surly Batman.

From what I can remember of this show, there was a guy dressed in a Batman Costume (Adam West era), and kept trying to block people from taking a picture of just the car. Only because he was charging $5 to have a pic taken with him in front of the car. I only got these shots after he went for some lunch.

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen - the true origin of the Dark Knight!

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen - the true origin of the Dark Knight!

Actually, he was more like the Dork Knight