• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery 132-pg Annual on eBay

50 posts in this topic

sacentaur,

Perhaps, Gus is peddling a "consigned" book with a well-above-market reserve...his real intent is to drive traffic to his regular auctions. I know a couple of boardies that Gus asked to put up key books with astronomical :insane: reserves.

Dino

Wow, what a master promoter. He states there are none on the Cgc census when he knows full well Cgc clearly states they cannot slab these Canadian b/w "annuals" due to their :P thickness.

With the writing on the covers, I figure it will hit $2,800 reserve not met.

I asked him about it. It's a book I'm after. He claims he has seen the book, but yes it's a consignment.

No one will meet the reserve.

I would gladly pay $2000, and sell my VG Silver Streak #6 to do it, if I thought the book had no restoration and I had a chance to look at it myself first.

Also, I was under the impression CGC would just slab it like a magazine. (shrug)

Besides, there's another one I would rather own but I don't think I'll have that kind of cash in this lifetime.

That's the same copy that ebay seller "patrickj2two" unsuccessfullly tried to auction earlier this month.

Now it's with Silver_Age? (shrug)

Anyone know who "patrickj2two" is?

And did anyone get his list of books for sale?

Just my two bits here, but in all honesty the book even if restored is probably worth 3K, its very rare, and doesn't come up for sale often. My take is that if people will pay 3K for 1.0 suspense 3, then 3K for a really rare book is not out of range.

Paul

I tried to purchase the book after "patrickj2two"s auction ended unsuccessfully.

He was firm on $5800 as his bottom line. This I suspect is his reserve with Gus.

The advantage with Gus is that it gets more exposure. I would NOT be suprised if it goes for $5800 and meets the reserve, but I am not holding my breath. There is at least one collector I am aware of who would purchase it and get it restored.

I was going to offer $4000 for it and have it restored myself, but again, the owner wants at least $5800, if not more now due to the commission that Gus will take.

My copy :cloud9:

MARVELMYSTERYANNUAL.jpg

I tried to purchase the book after "patrickj2two"s auction ended unsuccessfully.

He was firm on $5800 as his bottom line. This I suspect is his reserve with Gus.

The advantage with Gus is that it gets more exposure. I would NOT be suprised if it goes for $5800 and meets the reserve, but I am not holding my breath. There is at least one collector I am aware of who would purchase it and get it restored.

I was going to offer $4000 for it and have it restored myself, but again, the owner wants at least $5800, if not more now due to the commission that Gus will take.

MARVELMYSTERYANNUAL.jpg

sweet looking copy

MARVELMYSTERYANNUAL.jpg

....so...unbelievably... (worship) Thanks for posting!

Dino

MARVELMYSTERYANNUAL.jpg

sweet looking copy

Sure is! (worship)

That's the same copy that ebay seller "patrickj2two" unsuccessfullly tried to auction earlier this month.

Now it's with Silver_Age? (shrug)

Anyone know who "patrickj2two" is?

Does anyone know the answer?

And who exactly is Gus?

:popcorn:

Owner of Silver Age Comics in New York

I know that, but how about some history. Anyone know? How does one all of a sudden come into possession of all of these books seemingly from nowhere? I've only seen him mentioned sporadically in the recent past. How far back does he go in the hobby?

I know that, but how about some history. Anyone know? How does one all of a sudden come into possession of all of these books seemingly from nowhere? I've only seen him mentioned sporadically in the recent past. How far back does he go in the hobby?

Mark- solid cross examination question(s)...jb

I've bought decent books from him before at Comic Con over the last few years. (shrug) . Beyond that? Dunno.

MARVELMYSTERYANNUAL.jpg

So, we know where 3 copies are at least. I thought Gus said in his eBay sale copy that there were only 5. hm

I will be surprised if it sells for $5800. If your offer of $4000 is accepted are you going to sell your undercopy?