• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will the Green River madness affect the value of this book?

18 posts in this topic

I can only assume that in all likelyhood, Redhook and/or Goonchild had something to do with the recent sale of a Strange Adventures #179 CGC 8.5 Green River copy for $412. Basicly 10X guide. That is also the only GPA recorded sale of this issue.

So, I am wondering (hoping) if it will influence what this copy might be worth. ( Probably not, I know)

Any Opinions?

StrangeAdventures179vfnmNL.jpg

Yeah It was Goon

Are you sure, Brian? I am not fond of him at all, or defending him, but a lot of people assumed (including myself) that it was he who won the GR FF #45. It ended up being someone else (and the second underbidder was NOT GC - THIS I know for a FACT)

They have been advertising some miniseries on the GREEN RIVER KILLER for a couple of weeks on the LMNO cable channel. they have a promo covering the lower right hand corner of the screen during almost all programming.

The only reason I may watch any of it is to see if they mention the comic collection, as this guy ( nor the PA Comic Store owner who killed his wife 17 years ago) hold any interest for me

It's quite possible that it could have an affect. Someone checks GPA and sees that an 8.5 just sold for X, figuring something is going on that he doesn't know about, he overpays for the nicer 9.2. Not really that far fetched :)

A lot of people are also on the pedigree bandwagon currently believing that the pedigree book will raise conciousness and values.

Jim

A lot of people are also on the pedigree bandwagon currently believing that the pedigree book will raise conciousness and values.

Of course, the pedigree book isn't going to contain any SA pedigrees. That'll be Vol 2, which based on the time it's taken for the authors to get out Vol 1, means that it'll be a thrilling read sometime around 2020.

As one of those writers, I resent that remark :)

I guarantee it's coming sooner than you think.

Jim

Apologies, I was just joking. :foryou: I didn't realize you were involved too. I thought the authors were just Ritter, Nelson and Stephan? What is the projected date for when the SA Pedigree book comes out, then?