• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$0.01 listing fees if you start at $0.99 or less on eBay

26 posts in this topic

"From March 25 through March 31, sellers who list Auction-style item(s) with a starting price between $0.01 and $0.99, have Shipping charges specified and have a Detailed Seller Rating of 4.5 or higher on all criteria, will pay a 1¢ Insertion Fee per item listed.

New sellers who don’t yet have DSR ratings are also eligible. DSR rating criteria for this promotion will be based on the previous 12 months. To see your DSR ratings, go to your Feedback Profile within My eBay. For more information on DSRs, click here.Please refer to "What's Excluded?" for more details. "

Thoughts?

Joker--

I listed a bunch of stuff the other day, and it only cost 25¢ per item --- this is no big deal at all. It's their new Final Value Fees that are going to stop small-time sellers from listing. Just my 2¢

Bingo!

Does this include adding a reserve?

Ugh... isn't this worth reporting? And the fella lives less than 20 minutes from where I live and he wouldn't even meet me for a pickup when I was looking to buy one of his ASM #1s. I know it's his choice, but most I know are totally fine with doing this.

It's only 15-cents to list an item for 99-cents, they lowered it a WHOLE nickel, from 20-cents...;) so..you are saving 14-cents for each listing.

I used to do that, I'd spend hours listing 20 items, save $2.80. I could work at MacDonalds for an hour and save more;)

It wouldn't bother me if it was an older bronze that like Amazing Spidey 98 or something, but some are just a few years old.

Looks like I can't list for the penny, I don't have enough Detailed Seller Ratings. Darn I was going to list a few thousand moderns in the Golden age section too! :insane:

At this point, they've lowered the cost of entering the eBay market (listing fees) but have made it prohibitive due to the FVF. If they want biz then they need a 0% FVF day. This suggests to me that they are insulting a seller's intelligence and understanding of their cost structure.

At this point, they've lowered the cost of entering the eBay market (listing fees) but have made it prohibitive due to the FVF. If they want biz then they need a 0% FVF day. This suggests to me that they are insulting a seller's intelligence and understanding of their cost structure.

Yup. Under the new structure, listing fees are just the tip of the iceburg.

Ebay is nuts.

I was listing an ATV trailer for $499 in ebay motors. the listing fee is $40 and the FV is $50.... WTF????

$90 out of 499???? That's like 20% right off the bat....not even counting Paypal lol

Needless to say I listed it in parts and it cost me 3.50. But I can see how those fees alone will deter sellers from using ebay :screwy:

Ebay is nuts.

I was listing an ATV trailer for $499 in ebay motors. the listing fee is $40 and the FV is $50.... WTF????

$90 out of 499???? That's like 20% right off the bat....not even counting Paypal lol

Needless to say I listed it in parts and it cost me 3.50. But I can see how those fees alone will deter sellers from using ebay :screwy:

It's the new eBay philosophy whereby the Seller now "takes it in the rear..."

OUCH! :censored::devil:

Ebay is nuts.

It's the new eBay philosophy whereby the Seller now "takes it in the rear..."

OUCH! :censored::devil:

I tried but couldn't find the link from last week with the panel in it of Spidey taking it in the rear from the Sandman or some other villian. It would be an appropriate panel to post here & now.