• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byrne Galactus splash on ebay.

17 posts in this topic

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I like it but the seller has 0 feedback. Makes me skittish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260223225310&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

My thoughts exactly.

I think there would be a lot more action on this if the seller had better credentials.

On the other hand, the ones that do dare bid could get themselves a bargain... if the auctions turns out legit after all hm

Yes, it's a great page and the pic looks legit. I emailed the seller to ask about his credentials or background, and he noted that he'd been using his wife's Ebay account previously. Trouble was, the other Ebay account had 7 feedback, mostly as a seller, and was located in the Netherlands, not Nevada.

I'm not sure what to make of this one. I was tempted to bid, but worry that it's not on the up and up. Other observations?

Dan

I emailed him today and he told me the same line about using his wife's ebay account. Problem was it was registered in the Netherlands. When I confronted him about it he seemed shocked. I asked if local pickup was available (money orders for the art) and he hasn't replied. Hmmmmmmmmm

Wonder how much it would have gone for if the PayPal protection was more than $200 and the feedback by the seller was better than 0? hm

Good question !

Pay with a credit card if using paypal. If paypal won't protect you the credit card will.