• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 to 10 on ebay

12 posts in this topic

Sorry, but when you sell books like that, you should put up more than one 50kb scan of the front cover.

Nice run. (worship)

Sorry, but when you sell books like that, you should put up more than one 50kb scan of the front cover.

Nice run. (worship)

Precisely - and that scan is cropped on the bottom and right edge. OR the edges are impossibly sharp given the condition of the rest of the comic.

and would that copy grade out as a VG with tape on EVERY page??

i refuse to believe that anyone selling that book wouldn't get it graded to verify the grade and lack of resto.....what a crapshoot. but it certainly looks nice in any event.......... :grin:

Nice run. (worship)

Precisely - and that scan is cropped on the bottom and right edge. OR the edges are impossibly sharp given the condition of the rest of the comic.

and would that copy grade out as a VG with tape on EVERY page??

i refuse to believe that anyone selling that book wouldn't get it graded to verify the grade and lack of resto.....what a crapshoot. but it certainly looks nice in any event.......... :grin:

Interesting that the scan is cropped on this one but there is no problem with generating a full scan for #7.

I agree with you about the tape - is it holding loose pages in the book? How bad is it? Is this a frakenstein copy?

I'm just amazed at the unprofessionial look of the sale and the people actually bidding. There's already 4 bids of up to 20K, with only 1 half scan of 1 comic, granted they are early Actions. I say multiple scans of the multiple books if I'm spending that much but call me :screwy:

I'm curious how that tape is being used two. Two methods spring to mind. The tape could be along the spine edge of the pages, connecting two pages together. This would prevent frail pages from splitting and coming loose from the book. ala Hinging tape...

If pages are already completely seperated and only held in by tape, then this could be a Frankenstein. You might never know.

Another technique I have seen though, on regular books, is for a piece (or pieces) of tape to be put across the entire width of the page. Almost a sort of laminating. I've seen this on older small books (3x5 and 4x6) like journals or diaries. It's a very thin film archival tape that makes the pages somewhat stiff and ridgid and able to withstand handling again. I've only seen this on texts that were so brittle that touching them might break the page.

Guys - the books are for real.

They have been consigned by a board member.

The descriptions and pictures may not currently be the best we've ever seen but more pictures etc are expected.