• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Schomburgs!

379 posts in this topic

Re: Exciting Comics #35 ...

Holy cr@p ... what a cover. Running over Japanese soldiers with a steamroller!

And that level of over-the-top violence could be had for 10 cents at the

corner newstand. Unbelievable. What an interesting look into the feelings

of the times.

:gossip: Someone posted a 6.0 copy on CL today. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet, as this book doesn't come up often.

And a WHITE pages to boot! Only $15 between the high bid and asking price...should be sold any minute.. :juggle:

Between Bedrock and Nearmint, I'm ready to just start collecting Beanie Babies. :sick: with envy.

In all seriousness, Incredible books guys. (worship)

I know. It's just plain sick in every sense of the word.

doh!

:gossip: Someone posted a 6.0 copy on CL today. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet, as this book doesn't come up often.

And a WHITE pages to boot! Only $15 between the high bid and asking price...should be sold any minute.. :juggle:

I hit the 'Buy It' button a while ago... not sure why it isnt showing as 'Sale Pending'. Hopefully the book is mine.

Good luck! :wishluck:

Boo, I didnt get the book. Guess someone else hit the buy it button before me. :sorry:

That would be me. Sorry. :sorry:

I actually put my buy order in last night. I think it is strange that is doesn't show immediately but when I called CL today they said the seller still needs to approve it.

Boo, I didnt get the book. Guess someone else hit the buy it button before me. :sorry:

I actually put my buy order in last night. I think it is strange that is doesn't show immediately but when I called CL today they said the seller still needs to approve it.

I put mine in last night as well. Guess you just beat me to it. Congrats, if you change you mind let me know! (thumbs u

I put mine in last night as well. Guess you just beat me to it. Congrats, if you change you mind let me know! (thumbs u

I will. That is actually the first time I have bought something outright on CL without winning through a bid. What I thought was strange is even after I bought it, it kept getting bids. It seems like a buy order should at least put it on hold so no other buy order orders or bids can be placed. What the CL folks told me is that the seller still needs to accept the buy order since they may no longer have the book available.

These all have nice Schomburg covers and deserve a look-see also, maybe?

RealLifeComics027.jpg

I should get one of those -- in fact, this looks like the kind of copy I'd own. Well-loved.

Jack

they are all for sale on my web site, as i am raising the final legs of the bucks to get my sorry rear end over to India and get the first of two hip replacement operations i am going to have this year

it be a solid readable example hanging in there