• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who thinks this book is realistically priced?

17 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure that's the MMC #92 that's been discussed here before. The seller bought it raw (!) on ebay some months back...don't remember the price but I believe it was somewhere in the $2-5K range, not $16K...and has been trying to resell it for some time now.

I would think this book is really about a 6K max book! The last 8.5 sale for 1700 was about 6 yrs ago, so a 9.0 would have sold for about 3K at that time. With gains in the last few years, I would guess at auction it would go 5-6500 thats it. This seller is a little out of touch, but hey someone may hit the BIN and thats what he is counting on.

At sixteen grand, I'd offer to ship for free. I still think the market is going to sink a bit within the next year, Except for the top 50 or so, which I believe will rise but at a slower rate over the next 7 years. I also see the hobby becoming, more and more, a sport for the very affluent. The tremendous rise in prices over the last 10 years has already relegated me to spectator staus. I do think however, that GA, especially MLJ and Archie, are fairly safe from any significant market correction.This, of course is my opinion and as I am often wrong, I wouldn't bet the farm on any of my forecast.

Is MM #92 as scarce as was once thought? Comiclink has at least one copy, Metro has a few, Harley has one. I used to have one, and it's a great book, but it does seem a little overrated right now.

Is MM #92 as scarce as was once thought? Comiclink has at least one copy, Metro has a few, Harley has one. I used to have one, and it's a great book, but it does seem a little overrated right now.

it is actually quite "common" as far as MMC go.... 2,3,40,46, etc are all far far scarcer

it is actually quite "common" as far as MMC go.... 2,3,40,46, etc are all far far scarcer

the only copy worth 16 g's is my cgc 6.0.

:signfunny:

so how much is my 6.5 (shrug)

so how much is my 6.5 (shrug)

i'll give you $750 for it.

I totally agree, I think there probably have been 20-25 copies listed or sold in the 12 months or so. Gorgeous copy but Comic Link sold a very nice 7.0 last year for only $1,300.

From the listing on eBay:

It appears many people don't know how to respond to the book and the asking price,

Then again, perhaps they do. hm

From the listing on eBay:

It appears many people don't know how to respond to the book and the asking price,

Then again, perhaps they do. hm

:applause:

Also there are 5 copies in the census between 8.5 and 9.2 plus probably the Church copy (if there is one?) that trumps all of them. A total of 28 copies have been graded and I've seen at least a half dozen sold raw on EBay in the last little while. Love this book, looks undergraded and high grade copies are rarely seen publicly for sale BUT he might have a better chance at a sale if the asking price was cut in half, just my 2c

Also there are 5 copies in the census between 8.5 and 9.2 plus probably the Church copy (if there is one?) that trumps all of them. A total of 28 copies have been graded and I've seen at least a half dozen sold raw on EBay in the last little while. Love this book, looks undergraded and high grade copies are rarely seen publicly for sale BUT he might have a better chance at a sale if the asking price was cut in half, just my 2c

the church copy is pictured in the gerbers (9.6?)

this book is , at best, a $7500 to $8K book, on a really good day, in a really good economy....

the owner paid $4K last year raw, had pressed and slabbed...he should be "thrilled" to double his money, but since the advent of the internet, it is obvious this book is one of the more common MMC post issue #80...

now, issue 86, that is THE toughest MMC to find in any shape, post 50 (IMO)

this book is , at best, a $7500 to $8K book, on a really good day, in a really good economy....

the owner paid $4K last year raw, had pressed and slabbed...he should be "thrilled" to double his money, but since the advent of the internet, it is obvious this book is one of the more common MMC post issue #80...

91 in any kind of decent grade is darn hard to get.

91 in any kind of decent grade is darn hard to get.

true, but as all know, I put this run together in the last year...I found exactly 2 copies of 86 available...probably saw a dozen 91's and 92'....

rick