• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction results

18 posts in this topic

Anybody pick up or planning to pick up anything in the Heritage Auction? Any surprises?

For me it had to be the Kirby/Ayers Rawhide Kid panel page that went for $8k. :whatthe: It's a gorgeous page, but this has to be a completely new threshold for non-Superhero Kirby art.

Rawhide Kid results

Hmmm, Rawhide Kid...not that there's anything wrong with that. :yeahok:

Anybody pick up or planning to pick up anything in the Heritage Auction? Any surprises?

For me it had to be the Kirby/Ayers Rawhide Kid panel page that went for $8k. :whatthe: It's a gorgeous page, but this has to be a completely new threshold for non-Superhero Kirby art.

Rawhide Kid results

Hmmm, Rawhide Kid...not that there's anything wrong with that. :yeahok:

Draw...you gorgeous rustic cowboy-type man.

TheRawhideKid.jpg

I'm glad you brought this up, Rhino. I was watching this page. I almost soiled myself when I saw how much it sold for. Three or four years ago, I don't think this would have cost more than $1,500 at the most. I like Ayers overall, but I don't think his inking is helping this particular page. For lack of a better term, it just seems unsteady to me. I guess the main character appearing in all nine panels is what jacked the price up on this - It certainly isn't action packed.

I think the days of inexpensive Kirby are definitely over. All the "cheap" Kirby pages I saw at WonderCon this year were twice the price of what you could have gotten them for even one or two years ago.

Congrats to the buyer and seller, though! :thumbsup:

Jim! :hi:

Yeah, definitely an interesting page. Maybe the buyer liked horses and desert motifs. I like the page a lot, actually, but the price definitely surprised me. But whether this was an isolated sale, or the start of a trend has yet to be seen. hm

Aren't ya glad you bought your Kirby Western page when you did? :grin::baiting:

Sorry I missed Wondercon, I was hoping to see if there were any decent deals to be had this year. Did you pick anything up?

Steve

Nothing too exciting for me this year. I bought a signed, framed Steranko print for my office. My wife has been teasing me incessantly about it. As you can see below, he is perhaps a bit effete looking:

SterankoRay_4001.jpg

Nothing too exciting for me this year. I bought a signed, framed Steranko print for my office. My wife has been teasing me incessantly about it. As you can see below, he is perhaps a bit effete looking:

SterankoRay_4001.jpg

You should set him up with the Rawhide kid...

C

SterankoRay_4001.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Well, it turns out there was a "bidding error" on that Rawhide Kid page. The final price w/juice is now listed at $2987.

That's a far cry from $8000, but still $2900 is "up there" for Kirby/Ayers Western art. A page from Rawhide #32 went for $2200 a couple weeks ago and that seemed like an aggressive price. hm

SterankoRay_4001.jpg

hm

SterankoRay_4001.jpg

Hey Jim, you can get this for a steal at their upcoming auction.... :baiting:

Future JIMM collection piece....

lol

SterankoRay_4001.jpg

Hey Jim, you can get this for a steal at their upcoming auction.... :baiting:

Future JIMM collection piece....

lol

lol I thought the same thing when I saw that!