• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

33 posts in this topic

I was wondering why I missed this - not that I could have been a competitive bidder but I do love my Nedors. He has them listed under this category -

Collectibles > Comics > Silver Age (1956-69) > Superhero > Silver Surfer

I only search in Golden Age. I wonder what else I have missed.

Yah, I dunno why they listed in the SA section instead of GA---might have went higher than $4800 if it was in the GA section for GAers to look at....

Jeff, I certainly would have liked to see you win it. I feel your pain though since I would love to own this book also, but was in no position to bid on it. Especially since I just spent $3000 on some other books with a certain board member that collects Schomburg war covers and Actions. How's that for irony.

This book was listed on C'link for a while last year. At that time I had the high offer of $3600 and the seller had countered at $4000 ( maybe $4100). I guess he did alright with the ebay auction. I for one was hoping it would not get the opening bid so I could make an offer later when I had the means to do so. :(

Jeff, I certainly would have liked to see you win it. I feel your pain though since I would love to own this book also, but was in no position to bid on it. Especially since I just spent $3000 on some other books with a certain board member that collects Schomburg war covers and Actions. How's that for irony.

This book was listed on C'link for a while last year. At that time I had the high offer of $3600 and the seller had countered at $4000 ( maybe $4100). I guess he did alright with the ebay auction. I for one was hoping it would not get the opening bid so I could make an offer later when I had the means to do so. :(

Yeah, I was hoping he would come down on the price too....but I guess Jeff and Bodhee had other ideas. :frustrated:

you want an ARGH!

ciorac will back me up on this one (as I contacted him), I was offered this book for $4K just last month, along with the Exciting 9 for $7500.... I passed on both :(

rick

How many Nedors do I have to post on this site before books like this are offered to me before putting thrown up on eBay? doh!

I did mention that I might know some folks (you and ciorac came to mind), but did not get any follow up interest in me passing the info on...

the Exciting 9 is still available if you want me to inquire

Yeah, he relisted it after it didn't get a bid at $5500 yesterday. Nice looking copy, but I hate tape.

cool, I thought I was "smart" to pass (shrug)

Yeah, he relisted it after it didn't get a bid at $5500 yesterday. Nice looking copy, but I hate tape.

cool, I thought I was "smart" to pass (shrug)

:acclaim:

(thumbs u