• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's going to be the theater's 2008 Big Cash Cow?

What's going to be the theater's 2008 Big Cash Cow?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. What's going to be the theater's 2008 Big Cash Cow?

302 posts in this topic

I don't think it will be a blockbuster, but I wonder how the new X-Files movie will do.

Will be huge, I know so many female X-files fans who are into it and allready talking about it. also the new Mummy movie should be included in this poll.

the late 30 somethings who grew up on indy will be taking their kids to see it in huge numbers.

the last indiana jones film went head to head against the first batman film which was far more hyped than the new one, and held it's own.

I am going to see all of them in theaters

my 2 boys are so up for Iron Man, Wal E, Speedracer, Narnia , HULK, Batman etc

They are only 8 so, the will no be watching Wanted, and maybe not Indy

Indiana Jones...the trailers look very nice and everybody will take their kids to see it as it is an acceptable family movie

Agreed this and the Iron man movie are the 2 I'm looking forward to the seeing the most.

Well guys, which of these are you definitely going to see in the theatre?

Besides Indy IV?...

hm

I'll definitely see THE DARK KNIGHT and IRON MAN in the theater. Probably Narnia as well. The rest will depend on reviews and word of mouth.

but I would not be surpised if Dark Knight blows every one out of the water once the reviews come back.

I have a feeling that this country will be swept in a wave of Batmania this summer.

i'll go with batman and the joker being tough to beat. Hoping iron man will be big but he still a 2nd tier character.

indiana jones will do well but i will be surprised if it delivers. it will be watchable for sure but i kinda expect it to be a little disapointing kind of like Terminator 3.

the batman movie looks exciting and there will be extra buzz with ledger's death, i think this episode will deliver the excitement the first one was short on.

I'll say the Indiana Jones movie will be #1.

But you left out the MUMMY 3 which I think will come in 2nd this year and the new King Kong movie, "Kong, King Of Skull Island" that will come out at Xmas. Probably beating out the others and come in 3rd.

I think Iron Man and Darknight will do about the same.

I honestly think that Iron Man is going to surprise a lot of people if it turns out to be good.

I am NOT an Iron Man fan but if the movie is half as good as the trailers it's going to be a huge blockbuster. Women (God knows why) have always liked Downey and just behind Indy 4 I think it's going to be a huge hit.

I'm a little surprised about all the love for Indy.

Does anyone under 35 know or even care about these movies? And has Harrison Ford had a hit movie in the last decade?

I think they are factoring in the nostalgia. I'll get a brick thrown at me, but I am in no hurry to see it. (shrug)
I loved the first two.

and the new King Kong movie, "Kong, King Of Skull Island" that will come out at Xmas. Probably beating out the others and come in 3rd.

lollollol

Man, you couldn't drag me to another King Krap movie. :sumo:

the new King Kong movie, "Kong, King Of Skull Island" that will come out at Xmas. Probably beating out the others and come in 3rd.

oh god...please say it's not another Peter Jackson movie. doh!

Iron Man $250 million

Speed Racer $40 million

The Chronicles of Narnia II $340 million

The Incredible Hulk $135 million

WALL-E $280 million

Wanted $160 million

Get Smart $160 million (if it's funny!)

The Dark Knight $315 million

Hellboy II $195 million

Hancock $220 million

Indiana Jones $380 million

I'm convinced Speed Racer is going to be a catastrophic failure. I don't see who it appeals to. It reminds me of that animated movie about the Earth blowing up. Mind bogglingly bad.

:popcorn: