• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever gone to a comic show at a hardware store?

8 posts in this topic

Go Lakers!

Absolutely! What looked like a possible ffith seed in the playoffs at the beginning of the year is now a legitmate championship contender.

It is always fun to watch them smoke the Kings in Sacramento and hush up all those cowbells. ^^

This has all the makings of an awesome show...

1. Highly unconventional venue

2. Website hosted by AngelFire

3. Very few dealers / Possibly All Local

Let us know how this goes. All joking aside I'd probably check it out too

It actually turned out to be a fun diversion for a Sunday afternoon. The tables were set up outside the front of the OSH. It was a rather windy day so that ran a little havok with one dealer who had wall books up.

There were mostly toy dealers there. A lot of Hot Wheels and Johnny Lightning being sold for $2. There was one gentleman there who had a bunch of $1 boxes. He used to own a comic store in Old Sacramento. He still sells at shows (wish I could remember his name). I ended up buying 80 books from him which was way more than I thought I would spend. It was mostly books that would have been hot in mid to late 80's. Nothing too spectacular but a lot of copper independents in amazing condition. Picked up some NM Ron Lim Silver Surfers, a lot of Dave Stevens, Bruce Jones, and Richard Corben stuff. They were fun boxes to pick through.

My other purchase was from Comics & Collectibles. Picked up a Watchmen #1, #7 and a Wrightson HOS for about $3 total. And, the big purchase, a G+ Planet Comics #67. Never thought I would buy a sweet Golden Age book at a hardware store. There was a guy with about 15 boxes of 50 cent drek. Serious drek! He was packing up his truck with long boxes 2 hours before the "show" was over. I wonder if he sold a single comic. (shrug)

And then the Lakers creamed the Kings. :banana: