• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1 on ebay misrepresented???

126 posts in this topic

I would love to hear Gus' response to Bluechip's claim that BC did not own the books anymore and that Gus had bought them rather this being a consignment.

If someone wants to conduct an interesting test, call "Gus" at his phone number on their ebay site and ask whether that was actually him posting.

And if it actually was him, whether he will post again. I kinda doubt it.

OOOhh. You're being snarky.

Ahhhhh, snarky. :cloud9:

snarky1.jpg

I would love to hear Gus' response to Bluechip's claim that BC did not own the books anymore and that Gus had bought them rather this being a consignment.

If someone wants to conduct an interesting test, call "Gus" at his phone number on their ebay site and ask whether that was actually him posting.

And if it actually was him, whether he will post again. I kinda doubt it.

OOOhh. You're being snarky.

Ahhhhh, snarky. :cloud9:

snarky1.jpg

The newest comic I must now own!!!! (worship)

When I consigned my Lois Lanes to a CL focused auction, I had to sign a document saying that once they were in CL's possession, I would make no attempt to get them back. That's the way it should be.

how did the sale go?

When I consigned my Lois Lanes to a CL focused auction, I had to sign a document saying that once they were in CL's possession, I would make no attempt to get them back. That's the way it should be.

how did the sale go?

Very well. The books sold for almost a grand more than I'd expected. Payment arrived the other day, and the CL guys were nice enough to deduct the cost of 2 recent purchases from the payment, so I wouldn't get hit with the 3% charge for using a credit card.

All in all, a very positive experience! (thumbs u

please someone tell me...................who is bluechip????????

Jerry;

It's been a long time since I've heard your name. Welcome to the boards. :hi:

See attached link for the answer to your question:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2290558&page=2#Post2290558

Hope you have several hours to spend here. lol

so I wouldn't get hit with the 3% charge for using a credit card.

Which is still illegal.

actually, it is in violation of Bank Card policies for a merchant that directly sells, to require the consumer to pay the bank fee's, in the way of a "charge" above a stated sellling price... legally, a merchant can incorporate the fees into their asking/sellling price, but offer a 3% discount to "cash" buyers...

however, for 3rd party brokers of a sale (such as comic link, etc) a federal court (you would have to google, I don't know specifics) ruled it was not illegal for them to add "reasonable" transaction and processing costs (which, I guess means the bank fees")

Which is still illegal.

actually, it is in violation of Bank Card policies for a merchant that directly sells, to require the consumer to pay the bank fee's, in the way of a "charge" above a stated sellling price... legally, a merchant can incorporate the fees into their asking/sellling price, but offer a 3% discount to "cash" buyers...

however, for 3rd party brokers of a sale (such as comic link, etc) a federal court (you would have to google, I don't know specifics) ruled it was not illegal for them to add "reasonable" transaction and processing costs (which, I guess means the bank fees")

Isn't Ebay a 3rd Party Broker? It's very illegal on Ebay, and will get your auction pulled. I know this is a re-hash of this topic from the past several years, so I won't harp on it. And it is true that this is only true in certain states - California (Ebay) and New York being two. I think this is also a reason that Heritage is in Texas (among the many other "loophole" reasons, Heritage employees being able to bid on Heritage auctions being a biggie).

Which is still illegal.

Isn't Ebay a 3rd Party Broker? It's very illegal on Ebay, and will get your auction pulled. I know this is a re-hash of this topic from the past several years, so I won't harp on it. And it is true that this is only true in certain states - California (Ebay) and New York being two. I think this is also a reason that Heritage is in Texas (among the many other "loophole" reasons, Heritage employees being able to bid on Heritage auctions being a biggie).

ebay is not a 3rd party broker in the sense that they do not collect and disperse payments for items... the buyer and the seller deal directly with each other in payment and shipment... unlike Comic link, where comic link acts as the payment intermediary, and by collecting payment for the consignor, they have a "right" to recoup "reasonable" expenses...that is the simplest difference...

heritage, could do that as well, if they choose, but in their business model, they have that cost built into their BP...I suspect if comiclink went to 13% across the board, they would not charge the CC surcharge, but then the cash payers would loose out that benefit as well... (thumbs u

Which is still illegal.

i'd listen to this guy; he's the veritable godfather of lynn haven, fl.