• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1 on ebay misrepresented???

126 posts in this topic

guys and gals, irregardless of what has been said or infered, it is very easy for one to look at bidding history, and "see" what is truly taking place

Yes, but will it stop you from bidding on their auctions?

absolutely 100% has stopped me (the shilling and the misrepresentation ,etc)

What if they get an unrestored Tec 28? Or a Centaur you need?

guys and gals, irregardless of what has been said or infered, it is very easy for one to look at bidding history, and "see" what is truly taking place

well, ask Blind Owl, I already passed bidding on a couple of centaurs I needed (a kdf I defered to BO and 3 Fantomans I really wanted, but stood on my principles) , so there is your answer (thumbs u

:popcorn:

Shilling doesn't bother me as long as the shill bids below my targeted price. ^^

When the shill becomes greedy then I don't bother with any new bids. (tsk)

Jay

you can't post popcorn after it has been answered :makepoint:

Define unrestored.... :baiting:

lol

you can't post popcorn after it has been answered :makepoint:

I'm showcase-4....I can do whatever I want :makepoint:

lol

"Nothing has been added that in any way improves the appearance of the book...other than what you can see in the pictures."

Am I close? :shy:

well, ask Blind Owl, I already passed bidding on a couple of centaurs I needed (a kdf I defered to BO and 3 Fantomans I really wanted, but stood on my principles) , so there is your answer (thumbs u

:o(worship)

lol

"Nothing has been added that in any way improves the appearance of the book...other than what you can see in the pictures."

Am I close? :shy:

^^

many times the anamolies in grading come from the fact that the owner has optimistically overgraded his book and I try to bring him down to earth by talking about the books defects on the phone and by utilizing his scans that are sent to me....

Gus, here's a book that Silver Age listed just hours ago. Unless VF books are allowed to have moisture rippling and stains along the top of both covers, this owner might need to be "brought down to earth" a touch more...

In many instances I dont have the book in my possession to give more revealing details to potential buyers,sometimes the owner of the books arent happy about the final selling price and after having to wait a few weeks Im told that they arent going to release the books at auction's end.

lol

You mean to say if I am high bidder on a book, in a public auction, that there's a good chance my sale won't go through if the price isn't to the owner's liking?

Is that kosher with everyone else, or am I just going crazy here? What the hell kind of consignment deal is that? You should be offering that as a service to your consigners! "Hey, consign with me, and if the auction closes at a price you don't like, even when there's no reserve, you can just keep the book and let me deal with the irate guy holding the money!"

lol

Ridiculous.

When I consigned my Lois Lanes to a CL focused auction, I had to sign a document saying that once they were in CL's possession, I would make no attempt to get them back. That's the way it should be.

I would love to hear Gus' response to Bluechip's claim that BC did not own the books anymore and that Gus had bought them rather this being a consignment.

many times the anamolies in grading come from the fact that the owner has optimistically overgraded his book and I try to bring him down to earth by talking about the books defects on the phone and by utilizing his scans that are sent to me....

Gus, here's a book that Silver Age listed just hours ago. Unless VF books are allowed to have moisture rippling and stains along the top of both covers, this owner might need to be "brought down to earth" a touch more...

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Interesting that "Gus" registered on the forum in December 2006 but his first post was April 2008. Probably doesn't mean anything in the slightest but just seemed "interesting". hm

Most likely taking notes on how to effectively scam by lurking through various threads about how people catch bad sellers.

I would love to hear Gus' response to Bluechip's claim that BC did not own the books anymore and that Gus had bought them rather this being a consignment.

If someone wants to conduct an interesting test, call "Gus" at his phone number on their ebay site and ask whether that was actually him posting.

And if it actually was him, whether he will post again. I kinda doubt it.

If someone wants to conduct an interesting test, call "Gus" at his phone number on their ebay site and ask whether that was actually him posting.

OOOhh. You're being snarky.

OOOhh. You're being snarky.

Ahhhhh, snarky. :cloud9: