• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 GoldenAge key comics

95 posts in this topic

These are my Top 10 anti-grails...

1) Major Inapak, Space Ace (love the comic, but try to sell one!)

2) Green Lama 7 (I am pretty sure there has been one in every auction for the last ten years)

3) Whiz Comics 69

3) tie Captain Marvel Adventures 51 (every man, woman, and child in America must have bought a copy of the above two Fawcetts)

5) Daredevil Comics 82 (worst cover of all time)

6) All-American 77 (Hop Harrigan cover is a run killer)

7) Marvel Mystery 77 ( :o aTimely? That big triangle Subby head just kills me)

8) Calling all Boys 14 (J. Edgar Hoover....nuff said)

9) Boy Comics (pick an issue from 60 on. I can't remember the last time I sold one)

10) Plastic Man 49 (Every GA collection I have ever bought seems to have a copy)

2) Green Lama 7 (I am pretty sure there has been one in every auction for the last ten years)

3) Whiz Comics 69

3) tie Captain Marvel Adventures 51 (every man, woman, and child in America must have bought a copy of the above two Fawcetts)

9) Boy Comics (pick an issue from 60 on. I can't remember the last time I sold one)

10) Plastic Man 49 (Every GA collection I have ever bought seems to have a copy)

I bought one of those Captain Marvel 51's a long time ago, from Bedrock, I think.

On a more serious note, shouldn't there be something by Carl Barks in the top ten list? But what would it be?

3) Whiz Comics 69

:applause: As long as your including Atom-Age books what about Crime & Justice #20 - 8 copies in 8 different ebay stores right now.

3) Whiz Comics 69

7) Marvel Mystery 77 ( :o aTimely? That big triangle Subby head just kills me)8) Calling all Boys 14 (J. Edgar Hoover....nuff said)

Me, too...I just sold my copy, I kept laughing at his head...and I can rarely part with Timelys... :gossip: You forgot Boy's LIfe, I have about 50 copies still sitting on a bookshelf, and I'm not a dealer;)

3) Whiz Comics 69

Adventure Comics #48!!!

Wow, no one's mentioned All-Star #3 yet! :o I know it's not the first appearance of any of the members of the JSA, but it is the first team book.

I prefer importance to value, first appearances to first issues. So here's my list:

Action Comics #1

Detective Comics #27

Marvel Comics #1

Captain America #1

Whiz #2

All-American #16

Flash #1

All-Star #3

All-Star #8

Four Color #9

Honorable mentions:

More Fun #52

More Fun #73

Police Comics #1

WDC&S #1

Pep #22

Planet Comics #1

Superman #1

Batman #1

3) Whiz Comics 69

What is the deal with Cap Marvel #51? I have a slabbed at 8.5 and it's practically worthless.

My top ten:

Action #1

Detective #27

Captain America #1

Marvel Comics #1

Detective #38 (Robin is as recognizable as Batman and he started the sidekick craze)

All Star #3 (first superhero team)

All Star #8

Pep #1 (first patriotic hero)

Pep #22

Famous Funnies #1

3) Whiz Comics 69

i would love to have that just becuase of the triangle head cover.

What is the deal with Cap Marvel #51? I have a slabbed at 8.5 and it's practically worthless.

Warehouse find, along with #50, and perhaps #49(?). I used to have a really pretty CMA #50 double cover.

BTW, you people are nuts. Clearly the top ten keys are:

1)Action Comics #1

2)Exciting Comics #9

3)Startling Comics #10

4)Black Terror #1

5)Wonder Comics #1

6)Fighting Yank #1

7)America's Best Comics #1

8)Startling Comics #1

9)Thrilling Comics #1

10)Thrilling Comics #19