• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 GoldenAge key comics

95 posts in this topic

I think the Raboy run of covers on Master Comics is one of the highlights of the Golden Age.

Raboy :cloud9: I remember getting the Captain Marvel Jr. Treasury by Alan Light (at least I think that was the name - had cover of Cap Marvel Jr. #4. I was blown away.

Here's an earlier Master that I have with a cover by another great - Charles Sultan. Sure he was influenced by my all-time favorite, Lou Fine. But Sultan sure learned well.

And BTW, Vincent, I just set up my first time payment for a book from Metropolis today.

2559172250102488065S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey Vincent! No doubt, Fawcett produced some of the best GA Flag covers:

513347898_1de84a4b25.jpg241144504_f455cff59c.jpg

2063135261_1731b7692a.jpg314183714_5288c10ec9.jpg

2285989424_3fbaabd6e2.jpg1468344940_c9f8e63df5.jpg

Funny how the wind is also blowing to the right! lol

Dino

hm there is some sort of pattern here, but I just can't put my finger on it :baiting:

I've been tempted to go after some mid grade early issues of Whiz and CMA, and high grade Raboy Master covers.

well , I did just that... I completed a run of both Whiz and CMA 1-25...great books, great stories, and really "underpriced" relative to , say Action 1-25 ( lol )

but, even then, they are not "easy" to find all the time, and there is a nice challenge to them (thumbs u

My contribution...I've also got a gorgeous Whiz #17 from the same collection that I'll be keeping. You guys are right...I almost never see early Whiz comics for sale.

I'll post the #17 when I get home tonite. Great covers and stories that are far and by, neglected.

Roy.

CMA17_5ra.jpg

CMA17_5rb.jpg

I also have a vast inventory of GA and was wondering if there are any Forum members who may need some Fawcetts for their collection.

How about posting some images from your vast inventory (with prices, please :wishluck: , you just may make a few sales)

Please keep commercial activities to the appropriate thread in the forum. Thanks.

I also have a vast inventory of GA and was wondering if there are any Forum members who may need some Fawcetts for their collection.

How about posting some images from your vast inventory (with prices, please :wishluck: , you just may make a few sales)

Please keep commercial activities to the appropriate thread in the forum. Thanks.

:signfunny:

Mary Marvels and Wow's...

No pictures, though...

I do have this...

20080312_0007.jpg

Very cool Sharon! Do you have a lot of GA OA?

Not very much...just a few pieces, and I might have sold some...I kept this and the Wonder Woman pages, but I'd have to look and see one day ...every once and while I get into these..."I'm only keeping what I can see on the wall" stages;) Oh, I DO have a complete Moongirl story:) doh! but haven't figured out where to put it yet;)