• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man BRAND NEW DAY(no more)

42 posts in this topic

The old thread was to far down so, here is a new one. (tsk)

I was willing to give Joey Q some time, but as of the new Spider-Man, with Wolverine, I can say Marvel is not going to get my money for this title until a lot changes.

I stories seem juvenile and are making me miss more and more the spider-man history and stories I knew from the previous 30 years.

BAD JOB MARVEL :censored:

As a side note, besides Spider-Man, there are a few other issues that have JUNK for art. Where are all of the good artist, much less writers.

another one to the fold!

but on you forthe headline!

for a second I thought Marvel got rid of the Mephisto story

Opps sorry did not even think of that until you mentioned.

I guess all that I can hope for is Spider-Man is a Skull, the original Ben Riely or Peter Parker comes back, the contract is null and void and we began again.

BECAUSE CLEARLY good story, art and past history is to much to ask for

*shrug*

I've enjoyed it quite a bit since the reboot. I don't like the editorial direction (the retcon), but I feel like the stories being told are making the most of the situation.

It hasn't been horrible but the new villian selection has been pretty weak. I only read three current books (ASM, FF and Cap) and will continue you to do so for awhile. Nothing I've read would make me want to drop the title and I'd like to see what happens to this whole Jackpot storyline.

Jim

It hasn't been horrible but the new villian selection has been pretty weak. I only read three current books (ASM, FF and Cap) and will continue you to do so for awhile. Nothing I've read would make me want to drop the title and I'd like to see what happens to this whole Jackpot storyline.

Jim

I like the Mr.Negative character, and the new goblin-esque villian.

I am glad I dropped this earlier. In the Newsrama thread, they say sales are starting to drop (not yet to the point of the 3 previous titles combined yet, but getting there). I believe the issues are at 88,000 copies each right now.

I am glad I dropped this earlier. In the Newsrama thread, they say sales are starting to drop (not yet to the point of the 3 previous titles combined yet, but getting there). I believe the issues are at 88,000 copies each right now.

Dancing_Banana.gifDancing_Banana.gifDancing_Banana.gifDancing_Banana.gif

Yeah I saw that also. ASM was selling in the 100,000 range before the OMD story started. I was kind of surprised because it has sold much worse than that in the past.

But with three titles selling a month, they are still well ahead of where they were before in total. Regardless, the quick drop in sales after BND kicked off has to be worrisome for JoeyQ...

Jim

Marvel dropped two books that were not selling near 88k copies (though I confess I don't know what the Marvel Knights book or Sensational were selling) and replaced those with two books that are selling 88k copies a month...that's essentially what has happened. That's a huge net gain for Marvel. They've replaced sales of 200k books a month between three titles and now they've got 250k books a month in one title.

Good on them.

Marvel dropped two books that were not selling near 88k copies (though I confess I don't know what the Marvel Knights book or Sensational were selling) and replaced those with two books that are selling 88k copies a month...that's essentially what has happened. That's a huge net gain for Marvel. They've replaced sales of 200k books a month between three titles and now they've got 250k books a month in one title.

Good on them.

With the numbers dropping substantially each month? I thought the goal was to build and solidify a fanbase.

Good on them.

With the numbers dropping substantially each month? I thought the goal was to build and solidify a fanbase.

They are selling more comics than they did before. I think the goal is to sell more comics than they did before.

I must admit I am getting warmer to this series.

I said I'd drop it, but didn't (I guess I am weak for my run)

but I read these comics and enjoyed this series more than I had in years.

(thumbs u

This is the most I have enjoyed ASM since I was 12. That was the McFarlane days. Everything after that to me was just uh huh and Ok.

I must admit I am getting warmer to this series.

I said I'd drop it, but didn't (I guess I am weak for my run)

but I read these comics and enjoyed this series more than I had in years.

(thumbs u

This is the most I have enjoyed ASM since I was 12. That was the McFarlane days.

I understand it now...your expectations are already low... :baiting::grin:

Jim