• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

early Actions' appear to be HOT!

52 posts in this topic

All of you! You're all a bunch of shills for making me want this.

:jokealert:

I really want this book. But, it would blow my budget for buying until San Diego. But still...

sending PM :popcorn:

I Contacted the seller in your behalf, and presented a $2500 offer. Seller respectfully declined as he has had several offers "north of $2k" so he prefers to see the auction to completion. He did reiterate that if the $3k reserve is not met, he will likely offer it to the highest bidder.

Good luck! :wishluck:

Dino

now, if we see a #8 that has the following: "small tear bottom staple, spine wear bottom staple, pq=ow, grade=fn/vf") then the "mystery" for me, as to where my books ended up, has been solved..

Rick, I just noticed this book is displayed in the CGC gallery. Could this be your former copy?

ActionComics860.jpg

Even coverless Actions 1-20 are going for stupid money.

I just sold an Action #21 in the marketplace (back cover missing and front cover taped on) for 1/2 guide not realizing it was a double guide book.

:cry:

I just sold an Action #21 in the marketplace (back cover missing and front cover taped on) for 1/2 guide not realizing it was a double guide book.

I sold an Action #22 in the same condition (front cover taped to book, no back cover) for the same price. They're over guide books, but in that condition double guide is probably a stretch.

now, if we see a #8 that has the following: "small tear bottom staple, spine wear bottom staple, pq=ow, grade=fn/vf") then the "mystery" for me, as to where my books ended up, has been solved..

Rick, I just noticed this book is displayed in the CGC gallery. Could this be your former copy?

ActionComics860.jpg

I don't think so... I didn't note sunshadow, nor to I recall, but if someone glued a bottom staple tear, could be hm .... while I have an old videotape (quality has deterioated immensely over the years), I owned my run pre "scanning", and like a dumb head, I never photo'd, only taped...

I don't think so... I didn't note sunshadow, nor to I recall, but if someone glued a bottom staple tear, could be hm .... while I have an old videotape (quality has deterioated immensely over the years), I owned my run pre "scanning", and like a dumb head, I never photo'd, only taped...

(thumbs u Since Action #8 is incredibly rare, I thought maybe there was a chance it was yours. In fact in the last 5 years, the CGC gallery copy is probably the ONLY copy I've seen in a condition better than Good.

I sold an Action #22 in the same condition (front cover taped to book, no back cover) for the same price. They're over guide books, but in that condition double guide is probably a stretch.

I don't know. a 1.5 sold for $375 last year according to GPA and it's a $300 book in 2.0.

(shrug)

A copy of Action 19 with no back cover just sold on ebay for $1,400. Granted, the front cover presented well, but it still sold for considerably more than I would have thought.

Point Five, don't you own a similarly described copy of Action 19?

A copy of Action 19 with no back cover just sold on ebay for $1,400. Granted, the front cover presented well, but it still sold for considerably more than I would have thought.

:whatthe:

Why yes, yes I do!

hm

that auction looks to have been shilled up. Someone got taken for a long ride...

that auction looks to have been shilled up. Someone got taken for a long ride...

And interestingly, looking at the underbidder's history, it appears that he is a low-feedback bidder from Germany. hm

And interestingly, looking at the underbidder's history, it appears that he is a low-feedback bidder from Germany. hm

doh!I should have known, lol...Look at the seller....http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=260225263170

ahh. all these GA Actions are overrated !! haven't you guys heard ? collector's have shifted to Fawcetts.

I'll be happy to buy anyone's Actions so that they may use those funds to buy Fawcetts, "the next big thing".

Dammit, I finally assembled a decent Action collection too. Six years of collecting down the drain. :pullhair: Luckily kind fellows like you can take the Actions off my hands so I can follow the gravy train to Fawcetts. :banana:

so I can follow the gravy train to Fawcetts. :banana:

that's right, "all aboard" as Ozzy said, your onto a good start with that Crowley copy Whiz #18 you have.

remember, that's thedude@sellmeyouractions.com