• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

early Actions' appear to be HOT!

52 posts in this topic

Grumble! Grumble grumble!

I've been tracking an Action Comics 10, CGC 1.5, restored, on Ebay. In Guide, it is about $2000 in 2.0 unrestored. So, I set my snipe at $2000. It's now passed that price. This book is in my top 10 to acquire.

Is this happening for other actions as well?

That's an attractive copy for a 1.5, and is resto even an issue in that low a grade?

I think Action #1 right up through the end of the war are very hot right now. As they should be, they're great books!

action 10 is waaay under priced in the guide, though.

What?! Nooooo.

As a general rule I always thought the Guide was "spot on" pricing - especially when it comes to GA keys and/or High Grade. In fact I think the entire story of "multiples of guide" was made up by greedy dealers like Sparkle City (and we know where they are now), and I doubt there are really any books that sell for more than guide in today's market. If so, what possible use is the Guide?

:jokealert:

For what it's worth, I know the seller and have purchased a couple of Actions from him in the past year, including Action 17 and Action 36.

If anyone wants to make a private offer for the book, I will take it to the seller.

:gossip: in the meantime, let me ask him what his reserve is...

Dino

For what it's worth, I know the seller and have purchased a couple of Actions from him in the past year, including Action 17 and Action 36.

If anyone wants to make a private offer for the book, I will take it to the seller.

:gossip: in the meantime, let me ask him what his reserve is...

Dino

I contacted the seller who said he has $3k reserve on the book (and likely to offer to highest bidder if reserve not met). However, he will consider any strong offers to buy-it-now ( ;) hint!). PM me if interested.

GE

That's an attractive copy for a 1.5, and is resto even an issue in that low a grade?

I think Action #1 right up through the end of the war are very hot right now. As they should be, they're great books!

Actions 7, 10, 13 should not see much price resistance even with Resto :cool:

I have to admit, I was tempted -- if only fleetingly -- to BIN the Action 10, outrageous as the price is.

Even though the technical grade is low, it does present pretty nicely. Most low-grade copies are beat to hell, and still finish around the $1K mark or higher. Can't be that many Action 10s left that present that well, right?

hm

I appreciate the thought, but 3K is in the ballpark of my yearly comic budget. It's a great book, but not one I absolutely have to have. Like I said, the impulse was fleeting.

hm

I appreciate the thought, but 3K is in the ballpark of my yearly comic budget. It's a great book, but not one I absolutely have to have. Like I said, the impulse was fleeting.

Who needs to go to Quebec City on vacation anyway? (shrug)

hm

Who needs to go to Quebec City on vacation anyway? (shrug)

Jersey City would be cheaper.... hm

ok, so going through my old notebook from the early 1990's (yes, I still have it. small 6x8 green covered spiral notebook)...it is titled, in black majic marker "Rick's Comic Books" ) I read my grade and description on my old action 9.... "light creases bottom right, smudge RHS cover, check mark by logo, smudges on interior front cover, pages=ow, grade vf-)....

now, I looked at the scan for the first time today, and while I haven't seen my old copy of issue #9 in 13+ years, if i was a betting man, I would say that is my old copy (which means, as I told a few in private, I thought that last heritage action 7 might have been mine, but had no notes to jog my mind, other than vf grade)...

now, if we see a #8 that has the following: "small tear bottom staple, spine wear bottom staple, pq=ow, grade=fn/vf") then the "mystery" for me, as to where my books ended up, has been solved...

on another note...my action 5 was a fn, with cr/ow pages, and has the notes of "white mark, middle level, close to spine"...will be real interesting to see if a 5 shows up with this...