• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back Issue Section Critique Wanted

29 posts in this topic

I apologize if this is in the incorrect forum.

I would like to get some critique of the new back issue "galleria" section returning soon to Spider-Man.Info or mirror site Samruby.com .

The biggest difference will be the addition of full-size scans for the older and more affordable issues (mostly the Amazing Spider-Man title), a little less of a confusing atmosphere, and hopefully a more eye-pleasing experience overall.

The section will added on slowly over time (in 10 issue segments), but I have a couple orphan pages up right now for viewing:

AmazingSpider-Man #181 - 190

and

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #11 - 20

Spectacular, Marvel Team-Up, Web Of, Peter Parker/ Spider-Man, Sensational, and the other smaller titles are already complete...I'm working on the big momma now:),

Thank you for your time,

Eric

If you have COMICS FOR SALE through your website, then please delete this thread and use the Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers, etc. Forum:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&page=1

If you have COMICS FOR SALE through your website, then please delete this thread and use the Comics Market - Sales Advertising - Ebay, Dealers, etc. Forum:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&page=1

but you get better advertising by posting here JC.

He's asking for folks to do comic writeups, not buy comics.

Eric:

I've seen several sites done like this, and I've always wondered "What does this site want to be when it grows up---a resource site, a selling site...both?!?"

IMHO the two don't mix...but I like some of the detail in your reviews, even if comics.org would be a better place to concentrate your efforts if you want to invest in the community for benefit of all. I see that you're trying to be the "ultimate" spider-man resource site, which is very ambitious. I can see your passion. :foryou:

While there are links on the site to buy comics, Eric states in his post that he's looking for feedback on the technical/ aesthetic aspects of the site. So long as the topic of conversation doesn't turn towards sales pitches, I think this isn't out of line. 2c

I'm sure he's a multi-millionaire now b/c of the exposure. meh

but I can understand the trigger happy JC though

there have been a numerous bunch of joes that are trying to infiltrate this place.

:P

I'm sure he's a multi-millionaire now b/c of the exposure. meh

I think there are screwed up registries you need to attend too meh

And the "ACTUAL SCAN" you post next to the image is a little misleading. All of the other text that is blue is a hyperlink, yet this is not. Not a big problem, but just something for consistency's sake.

Another thing I was thinking about is that it looks like your running about a 20% discount off guide for the few back issues I checked. Since many of the non-key fillers (even ASM) typically run at a low % of guide, it might be worth considering including a Best Offer option.

While there are links on the site to buy comics, Eric states in his post that he's looking for feedback on the technical/ aesthetic aspects of the site.

Ah, I wish I was still this naive. lol

Maybe Metro, MH and Blazing Bob should all come on, posting tons of site links, asking for your 'opinion" as well, right?

Like I said before, the board rules should apply to everyone, big or small, friend or foe.

JC, I'm not so naive as to think some members might do this with the intent to draw in traffic to their site. However, I am not so jaded as to give someone a chance first. He explicitly asked for feedback on the site, and minus the discussion on reading into his intentions, the discussion has focused on that.

My old commander used to tell me "I'm going to give you ten feet of rope: you can either make yourself a rope ladder and work your way up, or a noose and hang yourself." The point here, the individual is given a chance to do the right thing/be productive/etc. If they screw up, then he/she (figuratively) hanged him/herself.

Given the mess that the Sales Marketplace has turned into, I completely understand the concern for letting it spread further. But, give him his "10 feet of rope" and see where this goes. If it stays on topic, and doesn't turn into a misplaced sales thread, then let it ride. :shrug:

While there are links on the site to buy comics, Eric states in his post that he's looking for feedback on the technical/ aesthetic aspects of the site.

Maybe Metro, MH and Blazing Bob should all come on, posting tons of site links, asking for your 'opinion" as well, right?

Like I said before, the board rules should apply to everyone, big or small, friend or foe.

Do you wake up angry and bitter every morning or does it take a little while to build up to it?

Critique:

1. Maybe a grid layout would work better so there is less scrolling and you can more easily browse multiple issues at once. Perhaps 3 comics per row?

2. You probably want to add "target='_blank'" attributes to the "A HREF"s so that the image opens in a new window.

Do you wake up angry and bitter every morning or does it take a little while to build up to it?

Translation: were you an a-hole your whole life or did you have to work on it.

:roflmao:

Nope, I'm one of the happiest people you'll meet, I just don't take :censored: like a wimp.