• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Hook Banned....

273 posts in this topic

Yeah, I think we're jumping the gun here. He'll be back before we know it.

Well, my recent suspension was up exactly 168 hours (7 days) after it started. That tells be it's an automated process. My money is on a typical moderator over reaction equaling a ban.

I think they just missed you so much, they reactivated you as soon as they could.

The moderators around here have serious issues. I suggest they seek counseling.

:screwy:

Uh, did you forget Redhook's last thread? The mods aren't the only ones who need some mental help.

Yeah, I think we're jumping the gun here. He'll be back before we know it.

Well, my recent suspension was up exactly 168 hours (7 days) after it started. That tells be it's an automated process. My money is on a typical moderator over reaction equaling a ban.

I think they just missed you so much, they reactivated you as soon as they could.

Well, that wouldn't surprise em actually.....

:acclaim:

Uh, did you forget Redhook's last thread? The mods aren't the only ones who need some mental help.

hm

what was done/said I didn't get a chance to read it before it was pulled.

hm

The whole bizarre Goonchild "sting" he set up with Dadandson?

It was seriously off the deep end.

Uh, did you forget Redhook's last thread?

No, I was banned, I never read it. What's that got to do with my statement?

I think Brad's a great guy to have around here but you guys are forgetting the whole collusion with D&S thing. Had it of been anyone other than Brad I think many of you would be throwing them to the wolves. We are talking about an association of someone purposefully trying to pass trimmed books through CGC and sure "guilt by association" is usually never warranted but CGC does have a business to protect.

I for one am grateful for the liberty that CGC gives us on these boards but everything has to be wthin reason. Just an unfortunate situation and I hope that Brad is able to return and at the same time I can understand the position that the mods and CGC is in.

hm

that's where those books that were supposably trimmed were subbed

and not caught right?

hm

hm

and not caught right?

hm

Yea, CGC can't reliably detect trimming, and they are obviously embarrassed.

That may be true, Brian, but you've gotta agree that the last 'stunt' by Brad was a doozie & didn't reflect well on the boards as a whole...

True, but he's takin his medicine, and so should be allowed back on.

With no explanation as to why he's been banned, or for how long, it's a very bad precedent set here on the part of the moderators.

Has the smell of 'making up the rules as they go along'. Not something that goes down too well.

hm

and not caught right?

hm

No, this was different. Brad set up an eBay auction for a book with an incorrect Green River designation. It was a Bethlehem labeled as a GR, and he knew it. After pulling the auction after a few minutes he tried to sell the book to Goonchild through a PM with help from Dadandson (who most will agree is a total dirtbag). Basically he knowingly misrepresented a book as part of some weird sting operation. Someone else might be able to add more details. The people involved came away looking like lunatics.

hm

and not caught right?

hm

Yea, CGC can't reliably detect trimming, and they are obviously embarrassed.

That has nothing to do with why he got banned. See my post directly above.

How have people not heard of this? Brad basically set up a scam eBay auction for a fake Green River to try and "sting" Goonchild. He involved several board members (like Brent) without their knowledge, used a dadandson shill account to try and sell the book by PM, as well as other assorted weirdness.

No, this was different. Brad set up an eBay auction for a book with an incorrect Green River designation. It was a Bethlehem labeled as a GR, and he knew it. After pulling the auction after a few minutes he tried to sell the book to Goonchild through a PM with help from Dadandson (who most will agree is a total dirtbag). Basically he knowingly misrepresented a book as part of some weird sting operation. Someone else might be able to add more details. The people involved came away looking like lunatics.

He also photoshopped the Green River book to remove the Bethlehem markings.

And it wasn't just one PM. It was a series of PMs which grew into possibly accepting REAL Green Rivers as payment/trade. So RedHook and Dad&Son were willing to accept real money or comic books as part of the fraud they were perpetrating.

Dad&Son also used a false name with his PMs in an attempt to hide his identity as well.

Both remained unrepentant throughout the sordid affair.

Dad&Son's trimming "exercises" was just something he thought he'd throw in when they weren't showered with adulation.

Dad&Son's trimming "exercises" was just something he thought he'd throw in when they weren't showered with adulation.

That's right, Redhook had zilch to do with that. Why let facts get in the way though? Sure, CGC banned Brad for outing a trimmer. The mods are evil. The last days are upon us.

Let's go with that. :screwy: