• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Of All The Forumites....

34 posts in this topic

I don't think anyone I've met is opposite of their board persona. I think in alot of ways, meeting them sort of just filled out the picture a little bit. The only thing that's surprised me is some of the people I expected to be reserved based on their posts were actually quite outgoing. But other than that observation, I've got nothing for ya. lol

... you have met, which one would you say is the total opposite off their persona here on the boards :popcorn:

You. I expected some tough guy and then I met you. Boy your wife sure has you whipped.

:insane:

Comicartfan : Very soft spoken here but he looks like he can snap you in half if he wanted too.

Greggy : total opposte of his persona on the boards.

A few others but no time to go throught them now.

Greggy : total opposte of his persona on the boards.

You mean he doesn't have a bunch of flash cards with emoticons that he holds up during the conversation?

That's what I always picture. hm

I can think of an now ex-member,but thats about it.
Me too!

I got a PM 4:00AM this morning from a board member about lunch. If I meet up with him, I will bet that he is much different that his board personality. I'll post the results if it happens. hm I hope he brings his Action 1 :wishluck:

Me too. Seriously. Although I haven't met him yet (Chicago, baby...oh yeah!!) I think from what I have seen, heard and read he is completely different than his board personality.

For one I thought for about 3 years that he was Caucasian.

:eek:

I also thought he was short for some reason.

doh!

I pictured him as this curly, greasy haired, rough voiced white kid behind a computer with a little-man complex.

lol

I guess I was wrong.

R.

I would have to say Greggy

So what's Greggy like? hm

I spent a few days with Greggy last time in Vancouver and found him to be (and in no particular order)

generous (time and money)

knowledgeable (comics and beyond)

not to geeky

Not caucasian

not short

a man of his word

Honestly, I cannot say anything bad about any of the board members I have met (well one actually) but Greggy surprised me the most. Allan (aardvark##) was also a very gracious host while I was in Vancouver.