• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another NYCC report.

24 posts in this topic

I won't go in to much detail of my adventures. I will say, I regret that I didn't get to meet many of the board members that were in attendance. I also regret not putting more effort in to digging through the boxes looking for the bargains or the overlooked high grade gem. I just wasn't in to that to much this weekend. I did find a few SA and BA gems that should be worthy of slabbing.

My wife and I both had a great time at dinner, and it was really nice meeting everyone that we did.

I cut Saturday and Sunday both short so I could get out and visit NYC a bit since this was my first time there. Which is why I probably missed meeting many of the board members. I didn't even notice Geppi's or Comiclink's booths. I spent most of my time in the fairly condensed area that contained the dealers. I barely ventured out to the other 75% of the show.

I had the camera but didn't take a lot of pictures, but will post what I have.

These are the main entrance, and the Marvel and DC booths Friday morning before the show opened.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

001.jpg

I posted this in the NYCC thread in events already, but I'll post it again. This guy was set up just a few blocks up from the Javitz Center.

008.jpg

Here are a few pics from dinner. Sorry that they are not very good and are pretty candid.

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

This is some of my haul.

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

Man, who is that butthead in the glasses in the one pic with the blue shirt???

Oh Yea thats me!

Nice to meet everyone!

Spidey: Why do I still see a Batusi dance?

Mike: I wish I got a chance to talk to you a bit more Saturday night but hopefully I can rectify the situation in the near future. Enjoy the rest of your Birthday holiday in NYC.

Jim

Mike, great seeing you... seems like you had a great con buying.

It looked like that to me as well. Quite a nice haul of all types of books!

Thanks for the report! (thumbs u

Didnt get a chance to say hello, the second table had me captive. And thanks for the pic of my eyes glowing, they looks like lazers are going to burn through Nik.

Pat-

Didnt get a chance to say hello, the second table had me captive. And thanks for the pic of my eyes glowing, they looks like lazers are going to burn through Nik.

Pat-

Hi Pat. :hi: Great talking with you on Saturday.

Wow ... you went Nedor crazy.

Actually, Nedors are few and far between, so there was clearly a great selection at the show. I just love looking at your stash.

Did one vendor have most of that? I see the Joe Vernault label on the "Harold Greene" copy of Wonder 1 ... that's a tough book... I'm thinking with the spine staple wear ... 6.5ish ... but the cover is so wet and red ... and it looks to lay flat .... what are your guess grades on those Nedors ... they all look nice.

Did you pay multiples on the Exciting 39 ... they wrote about it specifically being an insane book in this years Overstreet ... was the Wonder a multiples book also? Actually they should all be multiples in my opinion ... but the Exciting and Wonder should probably be hyper multiples...

Let me live vicariously through you... :blush: ... actually you don't have to share anything more if you don't want to ... the picture is worth a thousand words :)

Great stuff Mike. Your books are great. I think the signature on the cover of the Wonder Comics #1 is the same person that had a Black Terror #6 that Jeff sold a few months ago. I think it is cool that you can track the history of these books like that.

Again - very NICE!!!!!

I posted this in the NYCC thread in events already, but I'll post it again. This guy was set up just a few blocks up from the Javitz Center.

008.jpg

Wow how can he just be set up like that there?! Must be friends or something with one of the ?shop? owneres or what not eh? hm Did he have anything good? :roflmao: Thanks for the pics looks like you had fun and got some great hauls all these nycc posts make me can't wait for sdcc & eccc!