• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Illustrated Books - DD, X-Men Spidey....?????

6 posts in this topic

While rummaging around for some stuff in the basement this past weekend, I came across these "Marvel Illustrated Books" - pocket book sized, from 1982. I had forgotten I even had these things...and I remember buying them at the time...thought they were kind of cool and bought a few and tucked them away.

Can anyone tell me, where there any other titles...I assume the contents are reprints...I never read them, but note that "Giant-Size X-Men #1" is featured in the X-men copy. I assume they are reprints... (shrug)

Anyone have an idea on the value of them...I looked in Overstreet but couldn't find them. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Here is what they look like...

img1915vs8.jpg

There were several different series of pocket sized books...

The ones you have I also used to have from my childhood. They're Marvel Illustrated Books from 1982.

You can see a bunch of them on Mile High. Search under Marvel Illustrated Books

Looks like there are 2 Spider-man books. And an Incredible Hulk and Fantastic Four one that you don't have.

I've been buying these books over the last few months. The only one in your picture that I don't have is the Daredevil one and I'm considering buying a copy that's on ebay now. Generally these go for $5-$15 dollars. There is a black and white Star Wars book that goes for much higher. And yes, they are all reprints.