• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Refunded - the Miller Daredevil and Keown Hulk saga!

21 posts in this topic

Hey List,

To my amazement, Julien Gaillard (eBay ID jugl2883 - juliengaillard2@wanadoo.fr) has refunded me for the Miller and Keown purchases...this includes all fees I paid, so it's a complete refund and done via Western Union so no chance of a charge back or anything else that might spin this horrible story out any longer.

It goes without saying that I'm delighted with the outcome, though it's been a hellish situation to have to deal with. To that end, I need to give some extreme thanks to the following people - Felix Lu, Sebastien Sauge, Vince Ganem, Lambert Sheng (though more for his humour through it all, the git didn't help much beyond that! ;-) ), Ruben Espinosa, John Butler, Peter Hartung, and probably other names that I'm forgetting. You guys all went out of your way to help, and I can't thank you enough. Gold stars all round!

I want to give extra special mention for Felix as I very much doubt without his eagle eyes I would have ever become aware that I was being scammed, and even more than that, he was my guiding light in getting to this resolution. Felix, I give you my first born child! Seriously, you know I'm in your debt and will jump at the chance to balance the scales, though hopefully due to nothing bad happening!

As for Julien, well, he's not someone I ever will deal with again (there is a shock). If ever asked, I would say avoid like the plague, you deal with him at your own risk. I'm not the first guy he's burned and I unfortunately doubt I will be the last. As a reminder, this guy grabbed scans of art from the Heritage auction site, cropped off the watermarks and then listed an item on eBay, which I was the unlucky winner of. He then mailed me an EMPTY package with the intent of making a false insurance claim saying that the art was stolen on transit.

I also want to say that I have no problem buying art from Europe (and other non US locations) and will continue to do so. In cases where I don't know, or know of the seller, I will want to use PayPal, and depending on the situation, even try and arrange for the art to be collected on my behalf (this is something I've done before with a low feedback seller - Julien had 100% good feedback with a rating of 158 positives at the time).

Thanks to all for your support and comments both publicly and privately! I think a huge part of this refund happening is the lists reaction (and the same for French message boards who said much the same!) and condemnation of Julien's actions.

Best

Simon

www.gotsuperpowers.com

That's Awesome Simon,,

So happy for you.

If anyone deserved a happy ending it's you.

Chris

Simon, glad to see a positive resolution for you, as you were the innocent party in a scam-gone-wrong.

As somebody else has said on these boards, what a nutty hobby. You can't write storylines better than this stuff.

At least this one had a happy ending...

To my amazement, Julien Gaillard (eBay ID jugl2883 - juliengaillard2@wanadoo.fr) has refunded me for the Miller and Keown purchases...

Great to hear Simon - now you can celebrate by buying a new piece :)

I'm game, but you just sold that Hellboy page you had, or I would have been emailing you straight away... doh!

So what kind of pages you buying ?

Well I'm not in a hurry to spend, but as I just mentioned, I'd love an early Hellboy page. I'm always interested in Keown Hulk pages, Tony Harris Starman pages and early Mike Allred Madman pages, and potentially pieces from Mike's other works.

The first thing I'll do though is take my wife out for dinner as she's been having to suffer me during all this! Bad enough she has to suffer me when I'm good!

Cheers!

Simon

To my amazement, Julien Gaillard (eBay ID jugl2883 - juliengaillard2@wanadoo.fr) has refunded me for the Miller and Keown purchases...

Great to hear Simon - now you can celebrate by buying a new piece :)

I'm game, but you just sold that Hellboy page you had, or I would have been emailing you straight away... doh!

:tonofbricks:

Wow..this is great news. I can't believe he actually refunded you?! I mean, we know scams like this probably happen all the time, but to get actually get ALL of your money back is pretty amazing. I know the guy seem to have some remorse, esp. with coming out and trying to defend himself in different places, but generally people are left with the shaft, even after every excuse in the world. So congrats and enjoy!