• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST BACK FROM IRON MAN PREMIERE

86 posts in this topic

Waiting to see the movie when I go to the Emerald City Comic Con. Can you just confirm one thing for me: Is there a crossover shot in the IM movie for the new Hulk movie?

Thanks and hope the UK premiere was a blast! (thumbs u

Who says Daredevil is bad?

Any fanboy with taste.

My board name is Norrin Radd and I like to read the boards while my boyfriend rubs me down with hot oil.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

No disrespect to anyone but thats a very funny post JC.

Waiting to see the movie when I go to the Emerald City Comic Con. Can you just confirm one thing for me: Is there a crossover shot in the IM movie for the new Hulk movie?

Thanks and hope the UK premiere was a blast! (thumbs u

SLIGHT SPOILER IN MY ANSWER BELOW

There is no crossover for HULK nor an appearance from Nick Fury.

What I want to know is....is it a bucket of popcorn/Imax movie or a 'wait for the DVD movie'....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Oh its definately a cinema movie - its the only way to see the action sequences - on DVD it will be a damp squib.

So this is not on the level of Spiderman 1 or 2, and not quite as bad as Daredevil. Would this be on the Eric Bana Hulk level type of movie?

Thanks to Downey Jr's excellent performance it is more satisfying than HULK. He needs every inch of his charisma to get us through hours of needless origin.

The scenes that do have action are excellent - the suits are excellent and the ending....will be controversial. But it's not something thats going to live long in the memory or have kids flooding to buy action figures, but it's a passable experience.

P.S. I was joined this evening by two collegues who have never picked up a comic and they really enjoyed it.

This is NOT a SPOILER since I haven't seen the movie:

When I heard that Downey has a cameo in the new HULK movie, I said they better end IRON MAN with a SAMUEL L. JACKSON "NICK FURY" appearance asking Stark to join this new team of "Avengers" he's putting together. That would be a cool ending.

SPOILER ANSWER

Sadly that doesn't happen. In fact there are NO other characters from the Marvel U apart from Obidiah, Pepper. Some SHEILD (No Fury or Dugan) and Rhodes (not as War machine)

What happens after the credits ?

Good question. answer is nothing. I stayed til the curtains closed and that was that.

I have two theories on this.

1. That those I know who saw the advance tapes, saw an earlier cut which had since been re-edited to include the big twist in the natural ending.

2. they left this off of the premiere screening so it wouldnt be discussed on message boards two weeks in advance.

Just guesses though. Only funny thing was that the only person in the audience waiting til after the credits too was Simon Pegg of 'Shaun of The Dead' fame who had obviously heard the same thing.

P.S. I was joined this evening by two collegues who have never picked up a comic and they really enjoyed it.

In all the noise, this is the statement that stands out.

Of COURSE fanboys will hate it. Fanboys hate everything. If the Muggles like it, then it will be a success.

So this is not on the level of Spiderman 1 or 2, and not quite as bad as Daredevil. Would this be on the Eric Bana Hulk level type of movie?

Thanks to Downey Jr's excellent performance it is more satisfying than HULK. He needs every inch of his charisma to get us through hours of needless origin.

The scenes that do have action are excellent - the suits are excellent and the ending....will be controversial. But it's not something thats going to live long in the memory or have kids flooding to buy action figures, but it's a passable experience.

Who says Daredevil is bad?

I have that movie in my top 5 of best comic movies ever made!

I dont get how any comic fan didnt enjoy that movie, I just shake my head.

Hello -

I have Daredevil as the best Comic movie too!!!

CAL who was a-hopin" Shellhead rocked BUT warned others that did not heed...

Of COURSE fanboys will hate it. Fanboys hate everything.

lol, when it comes to comic book movies, the OPPOSITE is true and you know it. I really hate that this "fanboys hate everything" mentality is being propagated by people smart enough to know it's total BS.

Comic book fanboys SUPPORT their movies almost 100% (assuming it didn't totally screw with continuity like X3), while movie fans like it or not based on the overall quality.

This is proven quite easily - in the non-comic/non-fanboy "general public" you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who lists trash like Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher, etc. as one of their top movies, but I could name dozens who do from comic book forums.

Of COURSE fanboys will hate it. Fanboys hate everything.

lol, when it comes to comic book movies, the OPPOSITE is true and you know it. I really hate that this "fanboys hate everything" mentality is being propagated by people smart enough to know it's total BS.

Comic book fanboys SUPPORT their movies almost 100% (assuming it didn't totally screw with continuity like X3), while movie fans like it or not based on the overall quality.

This is proven quite easily - in the non-comic/non-fanboy "general public" you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who lists trash like Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher, etc. as one of their top movies, but I could name dozens who do from comic book forums.

You're using the first definition of Fanboy. There are two definitions.

You are in category 2. Common mistake. Carry on.

You're using the first definition of Fanboy. There are two definitions.

You are in category 2. Common mistake. Carry on.

lol, I'm so far away from a fanboy as you can possibly be.

A fanboy, or any type, identifies personally with the object of his adulation and takes negative commentary against it as a personal insult and reacts accordingly.

The only thing I take personally, are personal insults or attacks. You can hammer on my fave movies all day long and I won't care - they're just movies folks.

That's what a fanboy cannot understand, and they are NOT "just movies" (or "just comics/etc.") to them. For some strange reason, the fanboy feels he holds a personal stake in "it", and feels obligated to support and defend "it" by any means necessary.

Truly bizarre, but I guess it takes all kinds. (shrug)

:roflmao:

A collective groan and dull thud ensues as IM prices start falling...

Good!

Now somebody sell me some Mid-Grade TOS in the 40s for half book!

:sumo:

unfortunately, that's EXACTLY what happened at the NYCCon. :sorry: I sold 42 - 46 at half guide. books were mostly 3.0 - 4.5..........and they just trickled out slowly over the 3 days.

only 6 other TOS' sold........although Iron Man #1 was second only to Hulk 181 as the most requested single book. :o

:roflmao:

A collective groan and dull thud ensues as IM prices start falling...

Good!

Now somebody sell me some Mid-Grade TOS in the 40s for half book!

:sumo:

unfortunately, that's EXACTLY what happened at the NYCCon. :sorry: I sold 42 - 46 at half guide. books were mostly 3.0 - 4.5..........and they just trickled out slowly over the 3 days.

only 6 other TOS' sold........although Iron Man #1 was second only to Hulk 181 as the most requested single book. :o

Remember though that if people are buying up Iron man's on the back of movie hype - they may not know that TOS 39 is his first appearance.

It will take a while and a few wikipedia searches before the 'new blood' switches focus to TOS and when they do prices will rocket.

In the movie he goes through the silver, then gold, then red and gold suits (hello variant action figures) so the demand for 39, 40 and 48 will be there.