• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Refund check already spent on comics?

70 posts in this topic

I know, I know...until it's in your hot little hand you shouldn't spend your "refund" check. I've been holding off, but it hasn't been easy! So, with the first round of checks slated to arrive soon, how are you planning on spending it? Straight to comics or to gas and groceries?

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080425/bush_economy.html

Me and the wife agreed that the lions share of it is going to go into savings.

We are going to Disney with Aidan and the in-laws (who are paying for almost all of the trip) so we will probably use some of it to help pay for that trip. The rest of it is going to into savings to pad it :cloud9:

Mine's going into savings. My wife told me so.

Not a bad idea since you'll have to pay it back with the next years tax refund :P

This is wrong. This is an advance of a tax credit that you will receive next year. It is not paid back.

Mine's going into savings. My wife told me so.

Not a bad idea since you'll have to pay it back with the next years tax refund :P

This is wrong. This is an advance of a tax credit that you will receive next year. It is not paid back.

Just be careful when you do taxes next year - don't double claim the credit, as you've already received it once.

A lot of people hosed themselves on the child tax credit when it was implemented, as it was done the same way - issued in the spring - then folks forgot about that, and claimed it again when they did taxes the following winter.