• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: General Apology to the Boards

79 posts in this topic

Hey David, apology accepted.

First of all I am very sorry to hear of your father passing, it has been 2 years since my dad died and I totally underestimated how it would affect me, I suppose it is different for everyone, yet similar.

While you have always been a bit crusty in your posting style.. it was you through and through., I admire anyone who feels stongly in their convictions, but lately it seemed to go beyond that for you it seemed to become personal. While we all have issues to deal with in life, it does not mean we are allowed to lean on them as an excuse for our behaviour..... but in the end we are all human and all make mistakes.

I appreciate and applaud you coming forward and owning up to recent behaviour, it was not required of you to do so but will hopefully pave the way for better relationships not only here, but life as well. If there is one thing I have learned about this place is that we are like any typical dysfunctional family. We take out our frustrations on each other and say things we dont mean sometimes, but in the end we have a common bond and need to remind ourselves of that once in awhile.

Sorry to get all Dr Phil on ya , kinda hard not to when talking about stuff like this, I typed this out in a hurry as I am working now, but wanted to get it said.

Kenny

Glad you made the post, but very sorry to see the cause.

My dad too...1 year 5 months ago. I definitely feel for you.

Hang in there, David. All best wishes.

--Jon

Sorry to hear about your father.

It's now time for the softer kinder Divad.

You were definately not quite yourself.....not quite not yourself.....but now you can work on just being yourself.

I wish you and your family the best.

Divad , I had no idea , and I only wish the best for you . For some weird reason , you are one of several here that I find interesting , and always enjoy reading their posts . Hope everything goes well !!..........BH...

David

We do not know each other personally nor have we met...but you were a great support when I first came to the board and I've always appreciated it...I guess I felt a kindred spirit in your philosophy and wisdom...I certainly have appreciated your acerbic wit and hope to continue to do so...my own father will be 85 this year...and from Wash St which I think is another connection...

As I have communicated, I hope we have an opportunity to meet some day...your post here is pretty f*@&ing uplifting and a fine example of taking the high road...

If you get the opportunity, go to the New Yorker on-line issue 4.28.08 and read Roddy Doyle's fiction piece Bullfighting and I think you would enjoy it...

Tom

No one understands a comic geek like another comic geek and these boards are like family....you might get mad at family but you don't stay mad at family.I'm sorry to here about your dad....I stayed with my mom for the last several years of her life,as she was sickly and also mentally ill.Our last conversation was an argument and when I came home from work to apologize I found her dead at the kitchen table.It messed me up for a LONG time.I miss her as she was a kind of "cool" crazy.As I said...I'm sorry to hear the bad news and if you ever want to talk....feel free to PM anytime...and I'm sure many others feel the same way.Just don't quit posting...we all need each other.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Very nice Jimbo , very nice !.......... (thumbs u (thumbs u .............BH

No one understands a comic geek like another comic geek and these boards are like family....you might get mad at family but you don't stay mad at family.I'm sorry to here about your dad....I stayed with my mom for the last several years of her life,as she was sickly and also mentally ill.Our last conversation was an argument and when I came home from work to apologize I found her dead at the kitchen table.It messed me up for a LONG time.I miss her as she was a kind of "cool" crazy.As I said...I'm sorry to hear the bad news and if you ever want to talk....feel free to PM anytime...and I'm sure many others feel the same way.Just don't quit posting...we all need each other.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u