• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Greek Town Dinner

281 posts in this topic

Okay, here's what we're gonna do: There will be separate food & drink tabs. That way figuring out what you owe won't be like splitting the atom. Everyone will pay what they owe (including tax & tip). You'll be on the honor system, but I have final word. Work for everyone?

A man is only as good as his word. So your better be good. I'll bring the bashing stick just in case.

:roflmao:

Here's the list of members that will definitely attend so far. If anyone is bringing their wife, family, or GF please post it here so I know how many in the party:

greggy

143ksk

1koko

aardvark88

Arex

joeypost

Rhino

Doc Watson

klozd24seven, +2 (Erica and Molly)

cgcworld + mrs.cgcworld

The Watcher

TimMaY

thirdgreenham + mrs. thirdgreenham

KingOfRulers

wasonff

Possible attendees

FlyingDonut

October

r1970d & Louise (+ guests)

Blindowl

Here's the list of members that will definitely attend so far. If anyone is bringing their wife, family, or GF please post it here so I know how many in the party:

greggy

143ksk

1koko

aardvark88

Arex

joeypost

Rhino

Doc Watson

cgcworld + mrs.cgcworld

The Watcher

TimMaY

KingOfRulers

wasonff

MCMiles

Possible attendees

FlyingDonut

October

Blindowl

Added myself. :grin:

greggy

143ksk

1koko

aardvark88

Arex

joeypost

Rhino

Doc Watson

cgcworld + mrs.cgcworld

The Watcher

TimMaY

KingOfRulers

wasonff

MCMiles

Possible attendees

FlyingDonut

October

Blindowl

Added myself. :grin:

:applause:

I have Greek blood flowing through my veins as well. From my Dad's side. His Mother was Greek.

I was born in Cyprus. Does that count??

Which Cyprus?

There is only one Cyprus :makepoint:

Okay, here's what we're gonna do: There will be separate food & drink tabs. That way figuring out what you owe won't be like splitting the atom. Everyone will pay what they owe (including tax & tip). You'll be on the honor system, but I have final word. Work for everyone?

A man is only as good as his word. So your better be good. I'll bring the bashing stick just in case.

You'll be amongst my people, though. All I have to do to rile up the troops is sing the Greek national anthem, then it's game on.

Have you been watching Greece's performance in the European Championships. Champions have lost both group games and have been knocked out in teh first round :tonofbricks:

I have Greek blood flowing through my veins as well. From my Dad's side. His Mother was Greek.

I was born in Cyprus. Does that count??

Which Cyprus?

There is only one Cyprus :makepoint:

I thought he was going to say something like Cyprus Gardens, Florida doh! Didn't think he was being serious.

You'll be amongst my people, though. All I have to do to rile up the troops is sing the Greek national anthem, then it's game on.

Have you been watching Greece's performance in the European Championships. Champions have lost both group games and have been knocked out in teh first round :tonofbricks:

It seems to be feast or famine with Greek teams. They either disappoint bitterly or surprise the hell out of you. This year they chose disappoinment :cry:

On Fri June 27/08, the Wizard con runs from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Yet the Greek dinner at Venus is not until 8:00 p.m. to give enough time for greggy to freshen up before bestowing his presence upon fellow forumites? hm

On Fri June 27/08, the Wizard con runs from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Yet the Greek dinner at Venus is not until 8:00 p.m. to give enough time for greggy to freshen up before bestowing his presence upon fellow forumites? hm

And to try to avoid rush hour traffic with the Taste of Chicago going on (it's opening night).

And to try to avoid rush hour traffic with the Taste of Chicago going on (it's opening night).

(thumbs u

That's fine. It's summer, after all. It'll probably be in the 80's during the day. Besides, with 20+ people coming, they shouldn't give us any flak. But I'll call just to make sure and let you know (thumbs u