• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete sets

73 posts in this topic

I've got:

Tales of Suspense #1-99

Captain America #100-200

Iron Man #1-10

Strange Tales #101-168, plus annuals 1 & 2

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny #1-12

Pogo #1-10

Tales to Astonish #1-101

that's it for runs, or sets

893whatthe.gif

TOS 1-99 and TTA 1-101?

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Thanks man! It took a while to complete those sets.

I have Journey into Mystery #1 and 83 so I may go for that next.

juggle.gif

DD I need about 20 issues most of which are bronze. The range on grades is good to nm with some of the early issues being sweet and a few of the bronze issues only being vg/g. I won't worry about upgrading till it's complete

Dr Strange I just need 169 and have vol 2 complete

Strange Tales i need maybe 10 issues to complete the Dr Strange run

Strange Tales i need 2 issues to complete the shield run

shield complete.

heh, 9 more DDs 1 more ST to complete the Shield run, 9 more for the Dr Strange run and I picked up an FF 7, 13 and 20 this week...damn fine week. maybe I'll finish the DD run in NY this weekend if I get down there

I also have a complete series of Tomahawk.A total of 140 comics.

That's pretty impressive! Some of those issues from 1952-1959 must be very hard to find!

Get ready to be jealous!!! I have a complete run of ANTHRO, including the ultra-rare Showcase #74 (first appearance!!!) and NO they are not for sale!!! stooges.gif

Actually, I am just a Brave & Bold #33 short of having a complete run of near mint CAVE CARSON.

I told you that you'd be jealous! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Get ready to be jealous!!! I have a complete run of ANTHRO, including the ultra-rare Showcase #74 (first appearance!!!) and NO they are not for sale!!! stooges.gif

Actually, I am just a Brave & Bold #33 short of having a complete run of near mint CAVE CARSON.

I told you that you'd be jealous! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Think you can find that BB 33 at Hero's?

I'll be looking. Of course, I've been looking for about ten years!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Actually, I read an article in the old (Garry Carter era) Comic Book Marketplace about Cave Carson and decided it would be fun to pick up the entire run (B&B 31-33, 40-41 & Showcase 48-49 & 52) in NM. Little did I know how hard that would prove to be. Actually the later issues were not too hard to find in high grade. The #32 that I have is probably just a VF, but it's still nice. The #31 was really tough, but I finally found a CGC 9.0 (highest graded, by a mile!) at High Grade Comics a few years ago. The #33 still eludes me in NM. The highest graded copy of this issue is a 7.5 (I think). I'm sure there are some out there, but this is not a very popular title, so I guessing that most are not slabbed. If anyone has a true NM (9.0 or better) let me know. I'd love to finally complete this run!

I've been thinking a lot lately about putting together a full run and have it narrowed down to a couple choices. My favorite comic growing up was the Flash (Barry Allen) and I've already got 120+ issues, so doing #105-350 is feasible. Nothing very high grade, but complete, presentable, and affordable are my guidelines. Luckily, there's not too much demand for this title.

With another 9 books from 95-115, I'll be complete on X-Men 94-220-ish. If I can figure out when Claremont stopped writing it that may be a good stopping point. I couldn't see getting it all up to the present, especially since I don't read it. Still need a GSX 1, though.

I couldn't do a whole 400-500 issue set starting from scratch, but a significant run of an older set is tempting, like FF 1-102 or the BWS Conans.

My best set is Cerebus #0-300 and all the ancillary appearances (TMNT #8, Anything Goes, Spawn #10, etc). I still need a gold #0 and an original page, but that collection is pretty much complete. It's always on my mind to start a second set, though.

Or Plop. Just go for Plop.

I'm looking for Batman 148 and 151. Hopefully I can find them in Fine + or better.

i'll be selling #148 in 8.5 CGC in about two weeks on Pedigree. i checked out my copy of #151 and i think it would meet your criteria. check your PM's.........

Working on ASM 1-current. Have 50-current. Missing 1-16, 80% or so from 20-34, and 37, and 49.

I've been focusing lately on improving rather than filling holes. Of the 490 or so I have, I'm looking to replace probably 60-75, many that I bought as a kid that just don't live up to my desire to have mostly 9.0+ books.

Course, that all took a backseat to saving up for some sparkly rocks.

Then there's the Sgt Fury thing (see sig). That too has taken a bit of a hiatus.

Well since i had to start all over after selling everything off 10 yrs ago, i'm working on AVENGERS and VALIANTS after those i have decided on ADVENTURE COMICS (legion of sh''s run) and THOR.

just picked up avengers 38 39 & 40 in VF also i have won 4 copies of annual #10 and will add more #10's when i can ,also have #300 - #360. My grail( no not #1) is HG copies of #57

VALIANTS i have alittle bit of everything but my goal is every valiant ever made pre acclaim.

KARL

I was somewhat spoiled by having 12-200 in no worse than VF, so I would rather get the Masterworks than get something in a lesser grade. I guess that's my quirk.

That, and even in Fair, FF #1 would set me back more than all of the Masterworks combined.

Also, I've gotten to the point that I'm wanting the story more than the issue for a lot of books. So, for me, Masterworks seem an acceptable compromise... or a tpb, in the case of some Bronze Avengers arcs.

I've had Hulk 1 - 6 for many years now. cloud9.gif

I completed my FF run this past winter... now I have every regular FF issue ever published Vols 1, 2 and 3. Issues under 50 average 6.0/6.5 with a few high grade gems thrown in the mix. Issues Over 50 are pretty much 8.0 or better and issues over 100 are pretty much 9.0 or better.

Since I was laid off from my job, I've done some consulting work on the side, but I've had to put most of my collecting on hold. When I'm back in action again, the runs I plan to work on:

* Superman Annuals

* BWS Conan issues

* maybe Silver Surfer

* Tales To Astonish Hulk issues (only need a few)

Frankly, I have many of the expensive early issues of Daredevil and Avengers, so much of the heavy lifting is out of the way on those runs. But, given today's prices, when even pedestrian issues cost $100 in decent shape, I just can't justify completing those runs.