• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete sets

73 posts in this topic

Got DD 1-7 and ASM 16 (Love that yellow costume)

Need Hulk 2, 5 and 181 for complete run up to 300. (stopped buying new comics, only like the old stuff).

Other than that, I need Detectives 27-500 to complete that run,

Actions 1-600 to complete that run

and All superman and batman titles for a complete sups and bats set.

I guess i have a long way to go...

While re-filing a lot of comics to make things more organized, I realized that I had about 80 issues of Brave and the Bold in respectable grade (mostly VF+). So now I'm thinking about putting a lot of my other collecting goals on hold and working on the 200-issue full run. I just bought a bunch of the cheapie issues from Joe koch, so I've now got 150-200 in the bag. I expect those first issues, and the #28, will be pretty pricey, though...

Got DD 1-7 and ASM 16 (Love that yellow costume)

Need Hulk 2, 5 and 181 for complete run up to 300. (stopped buying new comics, only like the old stuff).

Other than that, I need Detectives 27-500 to complete that run,

Actions 1-600 to complete that run

and All superman and batman titles for a complete sups and bats set.

I guess i have a long way to go...

I GUESS!!!!!!!! grin.gif

good luck - fellow Jerseyan...............

While re-filing a lot of comics to make things more organized, I realized that I had about 80 issues of Brave and the Bold in respectable grade (mostly VF+). So now I'm thinking about putting a lot of my other collecting goals on hold and working on the 200-issue full run. I just bought a bunch of the cheapie issues from Joe koch, so I've now got 150-200 in the bag. I expect those first issues, and the #28, will be pretty pricey, though...

a VERY tough run in VF and above. even the first 24 non-superhero books are almost impossible in that grade. i've got most of the run and the grades are a real hodgepodge............but it's a whole lot cheaper than going for the Showcase run 893whatthe.gif

a VERY tough run in VF and above. even the first 24 non-superhero books are almost impossible in that grade. i've got most of the run and the grades are a real hodgepodge............but it's a whole lot cheaper than going for the Showcase run 893whatthe.gif

Yeah, I imagine it'll be quite the undertaking....I'd want highgrade copies from around issue #50 all the way on down....the first 50 issues, I'd lower my standards if the price was right and the eye appeal was there. And I'd definitely be looking at fine+- copies of #28 and #34....I don't love the JLA enough to shell out 5k or more for a VF or better copy.

Still, it seems to me like it's a run that you could get good prices for. It's a DC staple, but doesn't have the rabid following of Batman, Superman, etc. I'm thinking that some of those non-key early issues might be had for nice prices (and in nice shape) on ebay. It'll be fun to try!

I love that set, I have had 31-200 for about 30 years now, and a few issues below that. I don't know why I didn't try to get the whole run, the Kubert issues are just so nice. I actually bought 111-200 new off the stands.

Jeez! You got that B&Bold for less than the cost of the slab. Congratulations!

Today I just finished a complete high grade run of the Gold Key Ripley's Believe It or Not! series. I've had a complete run for a long time but the #3, which is really True War Stories #1, was not more than a fine. So finally it is complete, along with the Boris Karloff and Twilight Zone series. The three sets in high grade took about fifteen years to collect. About half of them are file copies. The Ripley's #1 is a Curator CGC 9.4, and the True War #1 is a Bethlehem, graded by Bill Hughes at 9.0.

The last set I completed was a complete set of the Dennis the Menace giveaways. I thought I'd had a complete set before but discovered one on eBay that nobody has ever heard of and that was not in Overstreet. Not only do I have all the giveaways but EVERY Dennis the Menace comic ever. That has taken about 25 years.

Still working hard on getting all the Batmans. I have from 131 up and am working on #100-130 right now. Very tough in high grade!

Joe

Still working hard on getting all the Batmans. I have from 131 up and am working on #100-130 right now. Very tough in high grade!

Joe

Yeh I know it is hard to find any Batman before issue 155 in high grade. I just won a 148 of Ebay in 7.0. I just need a 151 to complete the 12 centers! I guess my goal is to get 103 to current but I'll have to be patient. I still need 4 of the SA annuals also.

I have managed to pick up all the Silver Age Marvel Superhero comics with the exception of 79 of them. None of the ones I need are cheap. Many of them are either Amazing Spider-Man or X-Men and will cost me thousands of dollars, maybe tens of thousands. I will have written on my gravestone, "He had all but ___ "

I do, however, have the complete Strange Tales from 101 to 169. The most expensive one was 101 which cost me $42.50. Number 110 was $30.00. None of these were in high grade, as you might imagine. If you are looking for a Marvel run on a low budget, I recommend Strange Tales.

Hey nice avatar there, chappy!

Just picked up another one for my B&B set...scan could've been bigger, but it should look ok once I crack this sucker out and put it in mylar! Man oh man, do I love getting great books like for under $30. cloud9.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6545336332&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1