• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Order status stuck at "received"?

341 posts in this topic

I recently sent in some books to be graded under the Modern tier. As I'm a Collector's Society member, I'm used to using the Order Status link on the CS site to check out the status of my submissions.

Usually when I submit books, the first status they get is "received" - which then quickly changes to "verified". Once they're verified, I can then click on the invoice number to see a list of the books I sent in.

But this latest order has been stuck on "received" since the 25th of April, which I find a little bit odd. Is there a backlog on Modern books right now or something?

It took a while for my last Modern pre-screens to go from verified to graded... It took 6 weeks to go from received to shipped as of today. Methinks they are a little backed up due to con season.

It took a while for my last Modern pre-screens to go from verified to graded... It took 6 weeks to go from received to shipped as of today. Methinks they are a little backed up due to con season.

Ditto.

I called CGC last week and they said they were backed up because of New York - even though their website says that modern submissions are "on-time" hm

(My submission status is still stuck at "received" - no change there.)

I get that they are busy around con time - fair enough - it would just be nice if they were a bit more up front about it.

If there system is truly first in first out there are 4, 600 books that need to be processed and graded before any of the ones they get in the mail in the next few weeks.

I am also sitting on received for well over a week and I was going on what the website says about books being on-time. Looks like they won't :cry: question is how long will the wait be now.

Well I have two new submissions received by them on Wednesday, 5/14/2008.

One is a Modern with about 22 books. The other is a Pre-screen Modern with 30 books.

The clock is running, I will let you know on progress.

i submitted some moderns on 5.3 which still haven't been graded...called CGC this morning and the guy told me it would be 'probably another two weeks until they are graded'...lame

any word on your 4.25 books, mschmidt?

Yeah, they were graded yesterday :applause:

Miracleman #1, #19, #22 in 9.8

Sandman #66 in 9.8 (top & only copy in census - wooho)

Cerebus #1 6.0 (sold to me as a 6.0 - nice one, anonymous seller :) )

And then there was the Cerebus #1 Counterfeit which I was dead-certain was a 8.5 ... but CGC decided was a 7.5.

Really not happy about that last one - think I might crack & re-sub in Chicago (shrug)

Any updates anyone (shrug)

My books have been there almost 15 working days (really like 13 counting the holiday and a Friday for a con) and no movement.

I called two weeks ago and my value tier order was in the encapsulating room.

I called again yesterday (Friday) for an update and they were still there.

:cry:

They need to hire more encapsulators!

That's what's gumming up the works! :makepoint:

Any updates anyone (shrug)

My books have been there almost 15 working days (really like 13 counting the holiday and a Friday for a con) and no movement.

I called two weeks ago and my value tier order was in the encapsulating room.

I called again yesterday (Friday) for an update and they were still there.

:cry:

They need to hire more encapsulators!

That's what's gumming up the works! :makepoint:

Post your lame grades so I can :roflmao:

I called yesterday and they said they were on-time and my books would be graded by weeks end. The society page still shows them as received.

They seemed fairly confident so I have no reason to doubt untill Friday rolls around and...

I called yesterday and they said they were on-time and my books would be graded by weeks end. The society page still shows them as received.

They seemed fairly confident so I have no reason to doubt untill Friday rolls around and...

I'm fairly confident that they will not be graded for ~10 more biz days.

i submitted some moderns on 5.3 which still haven't been graded...called CGC this morning and the guy told me it would be 'probably another two weeks until they are graded'...lame

any word on your 4.25 books, mschmidt?

That confirms it then....~3-4 weeks late on Moderns...ie Moderns now have Economy tier turnaround.