• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraud FF 27 in Comiclink auction

164 posts in this topic

I knew this FF 27 looked familiar. That's because it's this book

ff27.jpg

Sold at Heritage auction 17062 for $388. PGCMint either bought or sold some of these married cover books on Ebay including the 27 if I remember correctly, I remember he was involved in the auctions because I was bidding but I'm not sure if he was the seller or if he outbid me. Obviously PGX blew the call here, but at this point that's to be expected. Whoever the consignor here is though... let's just say it's shady at best using PGX's incompetence to rip others off. Let's see if Josh has the consignor pull this fraud of a book. hm

Great catch! Yet another reason to be hesitant about buying a PGX book.

You need another reason? :eek:

Thought it was same ol' same ol' ... (shrug)

Thought it was same ol' same ol' ... (shrug)

ten_foot_pole.jpg

I knew this FF 27 looked familiar. That's because it's this book

ff27.jpg

Sold at Heritage auction 17062 for $388. PGCMint either bought or sold some of these married cover books on Ebay including the 27 if I remember correctly, I remember he was involved in the auctions because I was bidding but I'm not sure if he was the seller or if he outbid me. Obviously PGX blew the call here, but at this point that's to be expected. Whoever the consignor here is though... let's just say it's shady at best using PGX's incompetence to rip others off. Let's see if Josh has the consignor pull this fraud of a book. hm

:o Nice Find!! (worship)(worship) This Horrible how one could do such a thing... :boo:

I don't understand how any reputable auction house or dealer can justify selling anything "graded" by PGX. I guess it all comes down to greed, because common sense obviously has nothing to do with it.

As far as I'm concerned Josh and C-Link are as liable in this as PGX and the owner of the book.

This is why the Network of Disclosure should exist. If anyone in the "sales chain" were a NOD member, the point would be moot - the information would be freely available.

Having said that, it's great that the CGC Boards are a venue for information like this to be brought to attention.

I don't understand how any reputable auction house or dealer can justify selling anything "graded" by PGX. I guess it all comes down to greed, because common sense obviously has nothing to do with it.

As far as I'm concerned Josh and C-Link are as liable in this as PGX and the owner of the book.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are liable, but I am disappointed that PGX books are starting to litter their auctions.

This is why the Network of Disclosure should exist. If anyone in the "sales chain" were a NOD member, the point would be moot - the information would be freely available.

NOD is a noble organization, and definitely should exist.

But NOD membership, in and of itself, does not ensure that things like this won't happen. An anonymous venue like a C-Link auction is the ideal place for anyone, NOD member or not, to move an undesirable or tainted book.

NOD is a noble organization, and definitely should exist.

But NOD membership, in and of itself, does not ensure that things like this won't happen. An anonymous venue like a C-Link auction is the ideal place for anyone, NOD member or not, to move an undesirable or tainted book.

Very true. We`ve seen NOD members violate the rules. They suffered some embarassment, but at the end of the day that was all.

Now if NOD had a charter rules that allowed the rest of the members to hold a blanket party if a member violated a rule... hm