• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will lightning strike twice at Comiclink?

59 posts in this topic

last auction we saw the 9.4 AF15 rocket to amazing heights at the closing of the auction. This time, will the Hulk #1 9.2 be the story? Will it reach 150K? 2nd best grade like 9.4 AF15. Fewer existing copies... Hulk movie around the corner. The other copies haven't surfaced in years so this is the last chance.

Its not my book.... just making the case. Any predictions?

I'm predicting the book will end at $100k. It's probably the rarest SA key book in high grade and I'm sure the Northland Pedigree will help push the price up. Although I think that it is a weak 9.2.

The owner certainly picked an optimal time to sell and there is less competition for that kind of money than in the last few auctions...it should break 100k.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If it sells for 125K it makes Mark Zaid's Showcase 4 at 125K seem like a pretty good deal.

Not in the least. Give me a Hulk 1 any day, at least it's a first appearance.

meh

If it sells for 125K it makes Mark Zaid's Showcase 4 at 125K seem like a pretty good deal.

So is the SA Flash. :gossip:

And a more important key at that....I think the thing that holds the SC4 back is the cover. For me it just does not have the zip that other monster books have.

last auction we saw the 9.4 AF15 rocket to amazing heights at the closing of the auction. This time, will the Hulk #1 9.2 be the story? Will it reach 150K? 2nd best grade like 9.4 AF15. Fewer existing copies... Hulk movie around the corner. The other copies haven't surfaced in years so this is the last chance.

I'm going to pretend this is The Price Is Right and bet $1.00. :wishluck:

Andy

I think the thing that hold SC4 back is the cover. For me it just does not have the zip that other monster books have.

Talk to guys like Burntboy who actually remember seeing the book on the newsstands and they`ll tell you the cover was very eyecatching.

I'd guess it goes for $135,000. But I wouldn't have come close to guessing what the 9.0 AF #15 went for in the last auction. It'll be fun to see in any event.

The price does sound right, but only for a genuine 9.2... this copy for my money recieved a ped bump.

Whether the bidders perceives that or not, we'll just have to wait and see. hm

So is the SA Flash. :gossip:

And a more important key at that....I think the thing that hold SC4 back is the cover. For me it just does not have the zip that other monster books have.

I'd say that cover is pretty iconic...I especially like the movie tape idea...probably fairly unique for it's time.

Thank good ness they decided not to go with a pink cover for that one....

:applause:

I'm going to pretend this is The Price Is Right and bet $1.00. :wishluck:

Andy

I'm going to say that the book will crack $100,00 easy and probably$125,000 as well. In fact I don't think over $150,000 is a stretch as it is the rarest of the big SA keys and Hulk is argueably in the top 5 (easily in the top 10) most recognizeable comic characters of all time. Everyone knows who the Hulk is thanks to 2 movies, Lou Ferrigno and Stan the man Lee of course.

Not only that, it is a ped, a cool cover, and the collectibles are on fire.

For people who are gong to be seriously bidding on this book, there is probably only one real question to ask...whether collector or investor the big question is "Who knows when another in similar grade will come up for sale?"

R.