• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness in May, Sweet 16!

134 posts in this topic

We're down to the sweet 16. :acclaim:

The same rules apply this round. I will say also that this and future rounds, I will be posting books freshly graded from CGC and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks.

I've also bumped up the resolution on the scans a bit. My attempt to have photobucket allow higher res didn't work last round.

Below is the current list of prizes, so we will at least have enough for the winners of this round ...THE ELITE 8! (worship) (worship) If we get four more donations, I'll match that to round it out to 16.

1. A set of 4 Railroad giveaways with Bill Bunce art. Donated by Comicdonna

2. Daredevil #163 CGC 9.4. Sold to me dirt cheap by Nearmint. Hard to find book that he generously offered to me.

3. Vampirrella #1 and #1 Gold. Sent to me from Grails as winnings from one of his games; 'nuff said.

4. Mystery Prize. $50 value (you must be attending San Diego Con this year to pick this prize)

5. Iron Man #99 CGC 9.6

6. Swamp Thing Saga #1 and 2. Reprints the first four books of the Wrightson Masterpiece. 8.5 aproximate grade.

7. Superman 75 CGC 9.4 Second Printing. Donated by trmoore54.

8. X-men 114 CGC 7.5

Bracket.jpg

...and now the books:

Captain America 151 White Pages Published 7/72

Captain Marvel 2 White Pages Published 6/68

Defenders 1 OW-W Pages Published 8/72

Marvel Feature 1 Cream-OW Pages Published 12/71

CA151fnl.jpg

CA151b.jpg

CM02fnl.jpg

CM02b.jpg

Def001fnl.jpg

Def001b.jpg

MF01fnl.jpg

MF01b.jpg

books scans arent order as the text list, Ii caught it but some people may be confused. same thing with last the last tier as well they were ouy of order.

Just FYI

:)

= Grades sent.

After looking at the scans, the only clarification I have at this time, is that the back cover of the Defenders #1 shows a wrinkle running across the upper portion of the book. It is not a tear.

Good Luck (thumbs u

... so we will at least have enough (prizes) for the winners of this round ...THE ELITE 8! If we get four more donations, I'll match that to round it out to 16.

PM sent re. 2 more awards towards Tom's generous offer! :shy:C'mon contenders ~ pony up! (thumbs u

... so we will at least have enough (prizes) for the winners of this round ...THE ELITE 8! If we get four more donations, I'll match that to round it out to 16.

PM sent re. 2 more awards towards Tom's generous offer! :shy:C'mon contenders ~ pony up! (thumbs u

That's Awesome! We're almost there (thumbs u

Grades sent :sumo:

Timmay!

I'm gonna smack you so hard your wheelchair is going to need a wheelchair!

:sumo:

Q1. Is that part of the scan (a shadow?) under the 12c on the Captain Marvel or a stain/mark on the book?

Q2. Are those production creases on back cover of The Defenders #1 Aug 1972?

Q1. Is that part of the scan (a shadow?) under the 12c on the Captain Marvel or a stain/mark on the book?

Q2. Are those production creases on back cover of The Defenders #1 Aug 1972?

A1. Duh.

A2. Double-Duh.

:grin::baiting: