• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what comicbooks are actually really worthlesss?

87 posts in this topic

Every book I own doh!
I concur
You would
Like clockwork
Like you have a clue

I still would have paid double for those Weird Wonder Tales :baiting:

Dammit. Next time try harder. They were on my site for two weeks before greggy snapped 'em up. :sumo:

You have a site :o send me the link.

Nik has already given it...it's been in my sig forever, though.

Every book I own doh!
I concur
You would
Like clockwork
Like you have a clue

Dammit. Next time try harder. They were on my site for two weeks before greggy snapped 'em up. :sumo:

I figured as much and turned sig's back on to check. Order placed (thumbs u and I did not have to pay double.

Every book I own doh!
I concur
You would
Like clockwork
Like you have a clue

I figured as much and turned sig's back on to check. Order placed (thumbs u and I did not have to pay double.

(thumbs u

Edit: Order received and confirmed. Books'll be shipped in the next 48!

Every book I own doh!
I concur
You would
Like clockwork
Like you have a clue

(shrug) You do know that you're paying in Pounds so you're paying double anyways. :whistle:

C'mon guys lets put things in perspective here.

I can't fill my wifes SUV with a $100. I can't go to a restaurant with the family with $100. $100 is not enough to buy smokes for the month for petes sake :cry: Try grocery shopping with $100 and see what you come with meh

Buy a more fuel efficient car, eat somewhere less expensive and stop smoking. (shrug)

I'd like an extra $100 a month just to offset some of the friggin diapers and wipes. :frustrated:

It'll be like a raise when I don't have to buy that stuff anymore.

:applause: Amen to that! Add in the cost of formula, multiply by 2-3 years, and you'd have a small fortune!

95% of all comics ever written are junk as far as "story value" goes.

Also, just because a comic is worth some money doesn't make the story worth anything. Anyone ever read X-Men #1? Worth a lot of money, but also a terrible story.

"Worth" is to subjective.

C'mon guys lets put things in perspective here.

I can't fill my wifes SUV with a $100. I can't go to a restaurant with the family with $100. $100 is not enough to buy smokes for the month for petes sake :cry: Try grocery shopping with $100 and see what you come with meh

You can buy at least 10 drinks with $100 ^^

You can get around 70 primo Belgian beers in a bar with $100 hm

You can get 10 $10 lap dances here in Montreal.

DEFINITELY worth the money :devil:

Every book I own doh!
I concur
You would
Like clockwork
Like you have a clue

(shrug) You do know that you're paying in Pounds so you're paying double anyways. :whistle:

Yes I realized I was paying in Pounds.

Too bad they're listed in pounds, there are some sweet books there! (thumbs u

Oh and MK, worthless doesn't start at 1 cent. :gossip:

Andy

Logistically it does ? ..Do you ask for change back from a penny ?....... (shrug) (shrug)...............BH

$100 still gets you something

I bought 8 silk ties for $8 from a street vendor the other day. 2 Christian Dior's, 1 Valentino, 1 Nautica, 1 Brioni, 1 Zegna, 1 Countess Mara and 2 other italian ties from non-big names that I just liked. Oh yes, I know, some of you will claim they're fakes, and that's possible, but they're still silk and still look nice. I'm thinking they're maybe seconds or just fell off the back of the truck so to speak.

Of course, I don't wear ties that much anymore, just when I got to court, which in my present gig is about 3-5 times a month. But at $1 each I couldn't help myself, kindah like comic deals from the bargain box.

As for worthless comics...some ain't worth 1 cent. One of my LCS leaves boxes of free comics outside the door and people don't even take them.

Speaking of worthless...

I tried to get rid of a 21" Sony Trinitron CRT computer monitor the other week. I took it to Goodwill here in Toronto and they refused to accept it. They said that no one wants CRTs any more. They can't get rid of the ones they have, so they no longer accept them!

Instead, I put it out at the end of the driveway with a sign on it that said "TAKE ME! WORKS PERFECTLY!" (which it does).

I've put the rusted-out carcass of an old BBQ out at the end of the driveway and it's disappeared in less than an hour.

I've put out an armchair with two legs missing and the springs and stuffing spilling out of it: GONE.

I've put out an old turntable with NO TONEARM: vanished overnight while I slept.

But that monitor sat there for 2 days before someone took pity on it and carted it off.