• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

There are very few Adlard covers that I like, so I'm not really noticing a decline in the cover quality.

#59 was sweet, but it seemed like it was only 8 pages. It ended before I wanted it to. :frustrated:

The last 5 have been filler issues. They're adding as many people as they can before they start...thinning them out. :eek:

Did you guys read the first letter on the letters page? I cracked up. lol

personally i think issue 59 was a little thin as far as content goes. still quality work, just lacking much content. a filler issue if you will. :whistle:

Yeah, this one went WAAAYYY faster than it should have. Premature conclusion if you will. The issue can literally be described in two sentences. Morgan's disposition is kinda out there. I think the whole clan is losing it!

Adlard's covers are hit and miss, but he's been shooting 100% on all of the Zombie covers...I can't recall a run where I've seen so many!

The covers have been a bit meh since big head 49. Something about 58 stuck with me and I really dig it. The threat of the zombies is expressed really well with only two outstretched hands and knowing the history between 'Ham and Rick you're left wondering whether he's being saved from or fed to the zombies.

The last issue was alright. It seems like they alternate between a slow paced talky and a fast moving action issue. Not a problem though as I love reading the book month to month and it's smooth sailing when re-reading in trade form. That two page splash was killer too!

-Bob