• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I agree, maybe it could have started on some military project but almost all bases are somewhat self sustaining for a short period of time and could easily be closed to the outside civilian populace.

We have only seen the US represented, so maybe the US was in an overseas war that was massive and involved most of the military just before all this started and most of the troops were infected during that war. (shrug)

Is that reaching too far :(

Probably. The military really should be able to handle zombies but would they go out of their shelter to take on the zombies? Even if their command in DC is zombified? What about people leaving bases to try to find family. There are some explanations that won't totally blow. But I am not a writer so what do I know?

Don't you think that no matter what it is, it will probably be disappointing?
(thumbs u Exactly - keep the good story arcs coming and entertain me. It's the Walking Dead not the Stopping Dead. Keep it going as long as the sales and creativity warrant it.

Don't you think that no matter what it is, it will probably be disappointing?
(thumbs u Exactly - keep the good story arcs coming and entertain me. It's the Walking Dead not the Stopping Dead. Keep it going as long as the sales and creativity warrant it.

I agree...keep it going by all means, but I would like to see somewhere down the line at least some semblance of an explaination of how it all started. That was always one of my favorite things about the "zombie" type movies is finding out how it all started.

All of the theories are fine with me as long as its eventually explained and I know not everyone will be happy with the explanation. It would open an entirely new arc for the series. I'm sure he has it planned in the future since he has no plans on ending it any time soon.

If Rick and his clan area able to survive for a year, then its almost certain there should be lots of Military/Law Enforcement members out there either banded together or on their own.

When is the next issue out?

FYI, George Romero's Diary of the Dead is playing on HBO. I watched it last night,

I liked it.

I thought it was okay...not his best, but not the worst zombie movie I've seen.

FYI, George Romero's Diary of the Dead is playing on HBO. I watched it last night,

I liked it.

Ditto here, I enjoyed it for what it was (thumbs u

Certainly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be!

Of course, I'm a Romero fanboy to the max :luhv:

I liked it.

Ditto here, I enjoyed it for what it was (thumbs u

Certainly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be!

Of course, I'm a Romero fanboy to the max :luhv:

But it could have been so much more... the experiential film-style (Blair Witch, Quarantine, Cloverfield) had so much promise for the zombie film.

It felt overly-written to me for what they were trying to do.