• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

thanks for that info. I seriously hope it comes out sooner than that. I dont want to have to wait until Christmas

I read the first ten TPBs but couldn't sit idle while I knew there were issues out there I hadn't read yet so yesterday I went and picked up 61-66 from a couple of LCS's and think that it was very well worth the few extra bucks.

Of course when the TPB comes out unless I change my Walking Dead collecting focus to the actual comics I'll buy the new TPB too. Been eyeballing the # 1 9.8s on ebay today and the raw "NMs" and think it's probably a good bargain right now. If the TV series is a hit, then these books will explode in value.

thanks for that info. I seriously hope it comes out sooner than that. I dont want to have to wait until Christmas

I read the first ten TPBs but couldn't sit idle while I knew there were issues out there I hadn't read yet so yesterday I went and picked up 61-66 from a couple of LCS's and think that it was very well worth the few extra bucks.

Of course when the TPB comes out unless I change my Walking Dead collecting focus to the actual comics I'll buy the new TPB too. Been eyeballing the # 1 9.8s on ebay today and the raw "NMs" and think it's probably a good bargain right now. If the TV series is a hit, then these books will explode in value.

You're screwed now. Just smile and take it like a man.

Yep. First come the TPBs, then you start playing "catch up" with the recent books, and next thing you know you'll be running around buying up everything from first prints to Serbian copies. At least I know I'm not the only one. :blush: How do I explain to my friends and family who aren't comic fans at all that I like WD so much I bought copies in a foreign language? Riddle me that.

I was wondering, does anyone (Steve, I would think if anyone it would be you) know the print run on the Serbian WDs? I couldn't find anything from searching online except that they exist. I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered - I'm curious to know since I'm expecting my copies this week! :whee:

Yep. First come the TPBs, then you start playing "catch up" with the recent books, and next thing you know you'll be running around buying up everything from first prints to Serbian copies. At least I know I'm not the only one. :blush: How do I explain to my friends and family who aren't comic fans at all that I like WD so much I bought copies in a foreign language? Riddle me that.

I was wondering, does anyone (Steve, I would think if anyone it would be you) know the print run on the Serbian WDs? I couldn't find anything from searching online except that they exist. I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered - I'm curious to know since I'm expecting my copies this week! :whee:

Hi Kathryn,

I've been trying to get an answer on the print runs of the Serbian issues, but so far, I haven't gotten a solid answer. I would expect they are quite tiny, especially with the later issues. I guess the sales in Serbia weren't too great since the foreign printing was cancelled with issue #13 over there.

If I hear something back with definite print run numbers, I'll be sure to post it here :)

With the later Serbian's having a smaller print run, they may be the true gems of the set.

Remember, these books are flipbooks with Invincible and those are important Invincible issues. Invincible #11 and #12 are usually tough to find and easily fetch $20 to $30. They are the most valuable issues after #1 since it's the big fight with his dad and the print run on the US versions were small too.

Well . They printed Serbian editions?

The back issue selection in the LCS's is pretty low. I had to drive pretty far out of the way to pick up a number 61. I figure eBay or the boards is going to have to be my venues if I decide I want the original comics.

Thanks for the info on the Serbian prints, anything at all is nice to know.

That link was cool - I like what he had to say about the show. I was very happy when I 1st heard it was AMC that bought the option. I don't watch Mad Men but Breaking Bad is great. AMC kind of reminds me of FX, it's more cutting edge (The Shield, It's Always Sunny in Philly, Nip/Tuck) only perhaps less focused on shock and even more on quality.