• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Thanks guys, I love that story arc so I thought those books were pretty cool.

I am torn right now b/c I'm trying to decide what I want my next purchase to be. I'm looking at a piece of Chew OA, or trying to hunt down a Tony Moore SS and sketched book. I promised my husband I wouldn't get both right now.

Thoughts? Since most of you love both, like I do? I have to admit I'm leaning towards the Moore sketch. At first I was sold on the idea of Chew OA, and I still really want a piece, but then I started thinking about how the only thing I really *need* is a Moore sketch.

:gossip: I hear Steve has the best Tony Moore sketched Walking Dead book.

:sumo:

Kathryn,

I love both of your choices, but go for the Chew OA 2c

It's one a kind, and can never be duplicated. While it's very difficult (nearly impossible) to get Tony Moore sketches anymore at a show, they still seem to pop up from time to time. Who knows, he may relax his sketching rules at some upcoming conventions :wishluck:

I would certainly go for a Chew OA. I really wish I could get one but the postage to the UK is imense. I got quoted $137 for shipping to my address by April, she very kindly agreed to split the costs if I spent over $400 but I just can't afford that at the moment :(

Let us know if you get one? I will be very jeolous as I knew exactly what page I wanted too.

Edited by gaz2810i

I still have my quick Big Lebowski zombie sketch Tony did for me at the Goon 10th anniversary party. :cloud9:

Lebowski_zombie.jpg

:applause:

Wow! I've never seen you post that. That is beyond cool. I just watched that movie again a few days ago, I love it.

I would certainly go for a Chew OA. I really wish I could get one but the postage to the UK is imense. I got quoted $137 for shipping to my address by April, she very kindly agreed to split the costs if I spent over $400 but I just can't afford that at the moment :(

Let us know if you get one? I will be very jeolous as I knew exactly what page I wanted too.

Sorry Gaz. That sucks. I emailed April a little while ago, so we'll see how it goes. I am looking at one of the few remaining pages from issue 3. There aren't that many pages left, but I want one with Amelia and Tony - so we'll see. Otherwise something from Issue 5 for sure.

I'm sorry guys, I probably shouldn't be posting this in here now - anything further on this I'll put in the Chew thread.

Kathryn, I would go for original art first. Chew is a good series and fun. If it is at all possible though, I would try to get a Tony Moore published piece. I got one recently and I LOVE IT! It is beyond awesome but it may also require patience and saving. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Is that a picture of you on the zombie's shirt? (shrug)

That's the shirt that the Dude wears in part of the movie. :makepoint:

I actually have that exact shirt. :grin:

Killing me man- I know, I was just busting your chops :foryou:

Is that a picture of you on the zombie's shirt? (shrug)

That's the shirt that the Dude wears in part of the movie. :makepoint:

I actually have that exact shirt. :grin:

Killing me man- I know, I was just busting your chops :foryou:

:makepoint:

Don't be absent so much.

kathryn,

if you want to trade one of those adlard sketches for a rathburn sketch, i'd be up to it. adlard is the only one i don't have a sketch from.

moore will be tough because he doesn't sketch on books anymore, you'd have to track down someone who has one already :(

kathryn,

if you want to trade one of those adlard sketches for a rathburn sketch, i'd be up to it. adlard is the only one i don't have a sketch from.

moore will be tough because he doesn't sketch on books anymore, you'd have to track down someone who has one already :(

I know, I wish I would've bought the book you had up for sale not long ago, it was the #19 wasn't it? I love that sketch so much.

I am too attached to the books right now to trade, but I'll keep it in mind for sure ;) Thank you for the offer.

I'm guilty of owning a few WD Preview issues, but it's most because I love this series so such that I want to own all books related to WD...maybe not the 2nd prints--that's just too silly. :screwy: