• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I'm guilty of owning a few WD Preview issues, but it's most because I love this series so such that I want to own all books related to WD...maybe not the 2nd prints--that's just too silly. :screwy:

please refrain from putting down board members in the walking dead post. i also love walking dead, but unlike you, i have every 2nd print, including issue #2's 2nd print. some people say it's silly for grown men and women to buy/read/collect comic books in the first place. what would you say to them?

I'm guilty of owning a few WD Preview issues, but it's most because I love this series so such that I want to own all books related to WD...maybe not the 2nd prints--that's just too silly. :screwy:

please refrain from putting down board members in the walking dead post. i also love walking dead, but unlike you, i have every 2nd print, including issue #2's 2nd print. some people say it's silly for grown men and women to buy/read/collect comic books in the first place. what would you say to them?

I don't think he was putting anybody down. I think it's silly to vault them away in plastic containers never to be read, or pay a huge premium because a little slip of paper with "9.8" was stuffed inside along with it, but I'm still here to talk about comics and not judge what other people do with theirs :)

I don't think he was putting anybody down. I think it's silly to vault them away in plastic containers never to be read, or pay a huge premium because a little slip of paper with "9.8" was stuffed inside along with it, but I'm still here to talk about comics and not judge what other people do with theirs :)

he probably meant nothing, but it doesn't change what he typed. my buying of 2nd prints is neither "silly," nor "screwy" as his emoticon suggests. feel free to type whatever you want, but be ready to deal with board members calling you out if they don't agree with what you said. i don't call anybody silly, nor do i call anyone's collecting habits silly.

p.s. your last line is EXACTLY what i'm talking about.".....not judge what other people do with theirs."

p.p.s. i don't wanna make this seem like some huge deal, but my point stands.

Edited by Hawkman

he probably meant nothing, but it doesn't change what he typed. my buying of 2nd prints is neither "silly," nor "screwy" as his emoticon suggests. feel free to type whatever you want, but be ready to deal with board members calling you out if they don't agree with what you said. i don't call anybody silly, nor do i call anyone's collecting habits silly.

p.s. your last line is EXACTLY what i'm talking about.".....not judge what other people do with theirs."

I see your point and as a completionist who buys variants etc of all the books I love and collect and can empathise when people say things like he did. But in all honesty I didn't take offense at this time as I really did not feel a bad vibe in what he posted. I may be wrong that but I didn't read it that way (shrug)

I see your point and as a completionist who buys variants etc of all the books I love and collect and can empathise when people say things like he did. But in all honesty I didn't take offense at this time as I really did not feel a bad vibe in what he posted. I may be wrong that but I didn't read it that way (shrug)

This person has it on the money--I was not being mean with my comment. I was trying to be funny. I would never be cruel to any WD fan. I even made fun of myself. I own several preview issues and will probably buy more. I just wanted to be silly and if anyone got hurt I will tone done the humor.

BTW, I do own some 2nd prints.

nvista - Welcome to the boards, I've seen you around but I don't think I've ever said a proper hello. I think I sold you a WD book on ebay not long ago (ebay ID is katharath).

No harm done with your post - while I also see Hawkman's point, I didn't think you meant to be insulting ;)

Hey everyone.

I asked in another thread but I figure this is probably the best place to ask... Does anyone know what complete WD runs are going for on Ebay? I haven't seen any completed sales over the past few weeks so I don't really know what's a fair price. I have doubles of 1-5 so I'm thinking of keeping those and selling the rest off and just getting the trades as they come out.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

William

I can't answer your question but guys here may be able to help you better if You if they knew what sort of grades you're looking. Have you thought about selling the books here? You may also have some better luck and make more money if you sold them seperately. IF you do decide to seperate send me a PM as I would be interested in a no. 1 amongst other issues?

Hey everyone.

I asked in another thread but I figure this is probably the best place to ask... Does anyone know what complete WD runs are going for on Ebay? I haven't seen any completed sales over the past few weeks so I don't really know what's a fair price. I have doubles of 1-5 so I'm thinking of keeping those and selling the rest off and just getting the trades as they come out.

Thanks,

William

I don't know about WD but I have seen complete runs of comics sell for less than the going rate of one key issue contained in the run. Your best bet is to sell 1-5 one at a time and then maybe the rest in a lot. Edited by dupont2005

Just to jump in here randomly. Vol.11 just came out this past week and I've been dying to get my hands on it to read "The Hunters"! Whenever the trades come out I really have to take my time reading them because I know as soon as I finish, it'll be another 6 months minimum before the next tpd comes out!

This person has it on the money--I was not being mean with my comment. I was trying to be funny. I would never be cruel to any WD fan. I even made fun of myself. I own several preview issues and will probably buy more. I just wanted to be silly and if anyone got hurt I will tone done the humor.

humor can be hard to show on the internet sometimes. i have a tendency to include lol when i'm teasing, joking, as i've had times when i was joking and things were taken wrong. anyways, no harm done.

Hey everyone.

Thanks,

William

the last complete run i saw went for around $550-600. so i'd guesstimate anywhere between $550-700. if you do break it up and sell it, i'm interested in buying the following issues (19, 7, 8, 15-18, 21, & 22) depending on price.

Edited by Hawkman

Hey everyone.

Thanks,

William

the last complete run i saw went for around $550-600. so i'd guesstimate anywhere between $550-700. if you do break it up and sell it, i'm interested in buying the following issues (19, 7, 8, 15-18, 21, & 22) depending on price.

Thanks for your help! If I do decide to break it up you all will be the first to know!

William

nvista - Welcome to the boards, I've seen you around but I don't think I've ever said a proper hello. I think I sold you a WD book on ebay not long ago (ebay ID is katharath).

No harm done with your post - while I also see Hawkman's point, I didn't think you meant to be insulting ;)

Hey Kathyrn,

Thanks for the hello :hi: and one right back at ya :hi:. That awesome book you speak of is WD 5, 9.4 (thumbs u . I just finished my very own run of WD raws and am currently trying to slab the series. So far I got 1 SS (9.8), 2 (9.8), 5 (9.4), and 50 variant (9.4). I got a long way to go.

I'm still new to the chatroom and am learning.

humor can be hard to show on the internet sometimes. i have a tendency to include lol when i'm teasing, joking, as i've had times when i was joking and things were taken wrong. anyways, no harm done.

Thank you for the tips.

Hey Kathyrn,

Thanks for the hello :hi: and one right back at ya :hi:. That awesome book you speak of is WD 5, 9.4 (thumbs u . I just finished my very own run of WD raws and am currently trying to slab the series. So far I got 1 SS (9.8), 2 (9.8), 5 (9.4), and 50 variant (9.4). I got a long way to go.

Nice! Welcome to the obsession, and good luck :)

Hey Kathyrn,

Wow, sounds like you have some great books. Post some pictures if you feel like it. I'm jealous of that #2 9.8, I have a 9.6 but eventually I'd like to upgrade that one.

Hey Kathyrn,

Wow, sounds like you have some great books. Post some pictures if you feel like it. I'm jealous of that #2 9.8, I have a 9.6 but eventually I'd like to upgrade that one.

I'd love to post some pictures, but I have an awful scanner which gives me blurry scans. As far as my camera goes, I just cannot get the right angle. But as soon as I can figure out something I will post ASAP.