• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Neither of you have helped a bit. Unless Steve wants to send me his sketch ;)

How about a Tony Moore Walking Dead page? (shrug)

You sellin'? :baiting:

No, but you can look for free. (thumbs u

You shouldn't tease folks. :cry:

nvista - Welcome to the boards, I've seen you around but I don't think I've ever said a proper hello. I think I sold you a WD book on ebay not long ago (ebay ID is katharath).

No harm done with your post - while I also see Hawkman's point, I didn't think you meant to be insulting ;)

Hey Kathyrn,

Thanks for the hello :hi: and one right back at ya :hi:. That awesome book you speak of is WD 5, 9.4 (thumbs u . I just finished my very own run of WD raws and am currently trying to slab the series. So far I got 1 SS (9.8), 2 (9.8), 5 (9.4), and 50 variant (9.4). I got a long way to go.

I'm still new to the chatroom and am learning.

Wow, sounds like you have some great books. Post some pictures if you feel like it. I'm jealous of that #2 9.8, I have a 9.6 but eventually I'd like to upgrade that one.

I can't keep a lady waiting, so here's my WD 2 9.8--the rest I'll do later.

DSC02363.jpg

Ok, so here is something different for this thread that some of you may find interesting. It's not a comic book, but it's Walking Dead related.

I also collect G.I. Joe 3 3/4 figures and have always found customized toys to be pretty cool. I've never actually bought a customized figure before, but I often search for them on eBay to admire others work.

note: a customized figure is a toy you make yourself from parts of existing toys. Usually, people will make characters that don't already have a toy line. You usually have to remodel them various ways either with sandpaper or modeling clay, and then repaint them.

So this past week I decided to give it a try and actually make a customized figure myself. Bear in mind I've never actually tried to make a formal customized figure until this past week, so this was my rookie attempt.

I decided to make The Governor of Woodbury!!!

But as I was planning the figure, I couldn't decide which type of Governor to make. The early version of him, or the 1 arm version that attacks the prison.

So I made both. :headbang:

Believe it or not, the 1st figure came from 6 different existing figures and the 2nd figure came from 7 different figures.

At 1st I thought they were cheesy, but they are growing on me and now I think they are really cool. :whee:

Here are some pictures:

Gov1Carded.jpg

Gov1.jpg

Gov2Carded.jpg

Gov2.jpg

Nice job!

Ok, so here is something different for this thread that some of you may find interesting. It's not a comic book, but it's Walking Dead related.

I also collect G.I. Joe 3 3/4 figures and have always found customized toys to be pretty cool. I've never actually bought a customized figure before, but I often search for them on eBay to admire others work.

note: a customized figure is a toy you make yourself from parts of existing toys. Usually, people will make characters that don't already have a toy line. You usually have to remodel them various ways either with sandpaper or modeling clay, and then repaint them.

So this past week I decided to give it a try and actually make a customized figure myself. Bear in mind I've never actually tried to make a formal customized figure until this past week, so this was my rookie attempt.

I decided to make The Governor of Woodbury!!!

But as I was planning the figure, I couldn't decide which type of Governor to make. The early version of him, or the 1 arm version that attacks the prison.

So I made both. :headbang:

Believe it or not, the 1st figure came from 6 different existing figures and the 2nd figure came from 7 different figures.

At 1st I thought they were cheesy, but they are growing on me and now I think they are really cool. :whee:

Here are some pictures:

Gov1Carded.jpg

Gov1.jpg

Gov2Carded.jpg

Gov2.jpg

sweeeet!

I love it! The packaging was above and beyond. I don't think I have seen a custom figure complete in packaging before.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! Hopefully, my future figures will turn out even better.

As for the packaging, they really do make custom figures better. I see them often on eBay and I figured out a really easy way to do it. Basically, you create your image in Photoshop or whatever editing program you have. (I used a program called "Paint" cause it was already on my computer. The 1st image of him is actually a blown up version of his 1st appearance panel with the other characters removed.)

Then I printed that onto a giant 8.5 by 11 mailing label. You can buy them at Staples. Then you just put that giant sticker on a comic book board and trim it to the size of your picture. Then glue on a bubble and done.