• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Got any of these?

Walking Dead #4, 8, 9, 6-24, 61-63, 67-70 NM or higher.

If so what prices? hm

yeah, have most of em. they will be part of the WD lot, .99 start no reserve.

Can't wait :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180478785743&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

I've never seen a no reserve .99 auction on these before.

i tired to do a buy it now last week and it didnt work, i hate to see them go but i have a new baby on the way and need to get some diapers.

You listed them as "Siberian" instead of Serbian.

And are all the Ticks gone? hm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180478785743&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

i tired to do a buy it now last week and it didnt work, i hate to see them go but i have a new baby on the way and need to get some diapers.

I feel you. Damn diapers are expensive :( Good luck on the auction!

Thanks for the correction!!

Bastards! I canceled all bids so i can make the correction in the description/title and now it STILL wont let me make the changes!! UGH!

:( No Ticks! Maybe?

Edited by SlinginWeb

im sorry, im not getting all these silly prices. i love walking dead as much as the next person. in fact when i bought and read it in the store, i picked up another 4 copies before leaving and submitted them all to cgc the following day...but $600 a 9.8 copy??? i know, i know, its what people are willing to pay, but ill bet anther 1000 copies at 9.8 could turn up

I'm waiting to see who will actually buy that 9.8 for $750. lol

Maybe if they used their Bing account, but don't see it happening anytime soon. Maybe near the movie. I may eat my words...we'll see. :popcorn:

Walking Dead 2 on Ebay

Raw "NM" - $362 a week ago

CGC 9.4 - $218 yesterday

CGC 9.6 - $132 a few hours after the 9.4

I know the #1's are going nutty right now but the 2's are all over the place. Watching the Walking Dead on eBay has been a great way to pass the long month between issues :insane:

Thanks for the correction!!

Bastards! I canceled all bids so i can make the correction in the description/title and now it STILL wont let me make the changes!! UGH!

:( No Ticks! Maybe?

My bid got canceled out..... :sorry:

Walking Dead 2 on Ebay

Raw "NM" - $362 a week ago

CGC 9.4 - $218 yesterday

CGC 9.6 - $132 a few hours after the 9.4

I know the #1's are going nutty right now but the 2's are all over the place. Watching the Walking Dead on eBay has been a great way to pass the long month between issues :insane:

So theoretically you could buy a 9.4 or 9.6 of a number 2 and crack it out of the case and sell it raw "NM" and you'd make a couple hundred dollars?

I asked my LCS guy, who's like 1000 years old, what he thought about cracking cases and grading higher Overstreet. Like me, he couldn't even fathom the idea. What do you guys think if someone cracked a 9.4 or something and graded it raw NM/M for more profit? I don't know. It just never occurred to me to do such a thing, really. I would just hate to be on the other end of the deal, you know? (shrug)

I asked my LCS guy, who's like 1000 years old, what he thought about cracking cases and grading higher Overstreet. Like me, he couldn't even fathom the idea. What do you guys think if someone cracked a 9.4 or something and graded it raw NM/M for more profit? I don't know. It just never occurred to me to do such a thing, really. I would just hate to be on the other end of the deal, you know? (shrug)
Saying NM/M would be unethical but simply NM I don't think so. A 9.4 is NM right? It's a risk on the sellers part too. Personally, as a buyer I am far more likely to buy a comic raw just because I have seen how much of a pain it is to crack those comics out of there. And I don't feel like having the submission fees and shipping to CGC tacked onto the price. If the raw sells for the same or higher than a slab then so be it, but I usually skip auctions for CGC comics and consider bidding on the raw ones. Of course I bid low and assume I'm getting a VF copy so I probably wouldn't be winning those auctions anyway. Edited by dupont2005