• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Is the Walking Dead #50 (Larsen variant) worth submitting? I noticed that it sells raw on eBay for 20.00 +. I have one I believe can grade 9.8, but if grades 9.6 then I’d have to sell it at 45.00 to make the same money I could selling it raw.

Is the Walking Dead #50 (Larsen variant) worth submitting? I noticed that it sells raw on eBay for 20.00 +. I have one I believe can grade 9.8, but if grades 9.6 then I’d have to sell it at 45.00 to make the same money I could selling it raw.

That is the chance you take--you can sell it to me for $10 :baiting:

Not sure why the variant even sells for so much. Has nothing to do with the story IMO. Just some cheap super-hero cover...though it may be valuable to some, I sold mine for cheap to a boardie who would appreciate it more. If you want to keep it for yourself as part of your collection, slab it...if you want to re-sell it, go with dupont...just resell it raw later. (shrug)

it's getting hard to keep up with this post. every time i turn on my computer, there's about 40 new replies. i wonder what it'll look like when the show is on tv.

Probably something like:

"OMG! Look how much MY Walking Dead book sold for!"

"No way! Look how much MINE sold for!"

Et cetera, et cetera...

Although I admit to enjoying watching the $700 book auction, I will say...

:signfunny:

+1

It had no bids with 3 minutes to go and I knew somebody was going to nail it. I would have rather just given them away. Oh well, I just made someone's day (thumbs u
Should have let us know when you had an hour or so left :cry:

Yeah...a mercy bidding at least. Sorry man...

He did post about it hear, but Branget ripped into him about :rulez:

Page 327 of this thread... :gossip:

Edited by maloney414

It had no bids with 3 minutes to go and I knew somebody was going to nail it. I would have rather just given them away. Oh well, I just made someone's day (thumbs u

I brought hell and all its fury down on him :devil:

I brought hell and all its fury down on him :devil:

Indeed he did! It was a sound internetz thrashing :tonofbricks:

I actually want an opinion from you guys. With about 3 hours left and no bids I was considering cancelling it. I don't even know if I could have at that point. I felt like it was going to get that "Awww, what the hell bid" in the last minute, which it did. I decided to just let it play out in hopes it would sell at a somewhat reasonable price. What would you guys have done?

Edited by HeroDreamer

Not sure why the variant even sells for so much. Has nothing to do with the story IMO. Just some cheap super-hero cover...though it may be valuable to some, I sold mine for cheap to a boardie who would appreciate it more. If you want to keep it for yourself as part of your collection, slab it...if you want to re-sell it, go with dupont...just resell it raw later. (shrug)

I love this book simply because the cover was a shot at the mass amounts of zombie variant covers on zombie-less books. I don't know how rare it is but I got mine triple signed by Kirkman, Ottley and Larsen. I thought about making Larsen do it on the back lol

WalkingDead50LarsenVariant.jpg

I love this book simply because the cover was a shot at the mass amounts of zombie variant covers on zombie-less books. I don't know how rare it is but I got mine triple signed by Kirkman, Ottley and Larsen. I thought about making Larsen do it on the back lol

WalkingDead50LarsenVariant.jpg

Well, that makes it more interesting when they're signed. I do like that... :applause:

Definitely (thumbs u

I hope I am not coming off as mopey about it. After about 30 seconds of "WTF?" I couldn't have cared less. I've been buying on ebay for years and have gotten my share of good deals. I have to figure that when I do sell here and there I'm going to give some back.

Mmmm...Ebay Karma :cloud9: