• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I am happy just collecting variants for UXM where I am hoping one day to own a copy of every cover/variant released. I will also buy variants for chew and WD but have no interest in any other variant unless it's a extra special cover. (thumbs u

Mag your comment about Haunt and Image united was exactly the first thing that entered my mind when the above comment was made (shrug)

Kirkman has said in multiple interviews that he wont be a sellout. He hates to pull variant cover stunts after his disgust in marvel.

75 has a variant cover. I was hoping to find out what the ratio is going to be for the book

Yeah, I've been wondering too.

The way it's going and if they do a print run of 50,000 estimated copies, you will be looking at a 1:10 having 5,000 variants(most likely the ratio) available or a 1:25 having 2,000 variants available.

Zombies on the covers happens less and less lately. Issue 73 will be the most recent before that you have to go back to issue 61. hm

If I counted right (hardly ever happens) Only 31 issues have Zombies on them..some one please correct me if I am wrong :makepoint:

Edited by dhurley1125

Kirkman has said in multiple interviews that he wont be a sellout. He hates to pull variant cover stunts after his disgust in marvel.

75 has a variant cover. I was hoping to find out what the ratio is going to be for the book

Yeah, I've been wondering too.

The way it's going and if they do a print run of 50,000 estimated copies, you will be looking at a 1:10 having 5,000 variants(most likely the ratio) available or a 1:25 having 2,000 variants available.

Interesting. While I am not a variant fan, I must admit I pre-ordered it for 25.00 already.

Just flipped Omnibus #1 again. Thank God for Eric Stephenson. If Kirkman would've stuck with the original pitch and the story planned, it would've flopped.

Anyone know why? (shrug)

I just finished reading hardcovers 2, 3 and 4, having bought them for myself as a treat recently. Having been slightly underwhelmed by HC1 but reassured by you lot that it gets better n better, I now agree (thumbs u

BUT I can't believe the end of HC4. Not little Judy... :cry: I'm really, really upset about it! And now I've got to wait a few weeks for HC5! :cry: :cry:

That really got me as well.

Me too.......and the fact that we all cared so much about these characters really is a testament to Kirkman's writing!

During this particular moment my mouth literally dropped open and I just stared at the page for several minutes. If that's not a OMFGBBQ!!! moment then I don't know what is!

I seriously considered not reading anymore WD when I read that issue. Steve talked me out of it (thumbs u

I actually used to own the original art to the page where that happens. At first it seemed like a pivotal moment in the characters lives, but the longer I owned it, it just made me feel sad inside. So I let it go.

Glad I ended up with it. :)

Just flipped Omnibus #1 again. Thank God for Eric Stephenson. If Kirkman would've stuck with the original pitch and the story planned, it would've flopped.

Anyone know why? (shrug)

This is the original pitch for Walking Dead ("Dead Planet")

By the way, I would pay a nice finder's fee if anyone can help me locate a copy of this :wishluck:

DeadPlanet1.jpg

DeadPlanet2.jpg

DeadPlanet3.jpg

DeadPlanet4.jpg

DeadPlanet5.jpg

DeadPlanet6.jpg